SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Air Pistols
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Air Pistols Login/Join 
posted
Ranges closed down here.
Thinking about a quality Sig Air Pistol.
Got their 210 Clone "Entry level match 10 Meter, .177 Pellet" inbound.

For garage/ backyard practice...what'cha think?

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, order some of those target traps for up to .22LR with the swinging targets, they're fun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
My ASP 210 arrived yesterday. Already have a pellet trap good for .22. Dialed it in today and able to send pellets in same hole at 30 ft. Trigger is good with small take up. Using Diablo middleweight pellets.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
The SIGSauer API is a cosemtically fixed FAS 6004. The system is identical and parts are interchangable. Although it has the potential, it´s not really an entry pistol for 10m olymipic shooting but it´s fine. I´m shooting one myself and used it several times for Olympic training matches. What you are getting is match pistol technology of the late early 90´s that was used before the Olympic Games in Atlanta.

My recommenation. If you want it to be a SIGSauer, get the API. If it´s for precision shooting trainig get the FAS 6004 with the adjusable match grip.For pellets. Both pistol, SIGSauer and FAS are restricted to a maximum of 7,5J muzzle energy and I measured a V0 is in the range of 290 – 330 fps depending on pellets. For clean holes in the target, light weight diabolo pellets are recommended. Brand name and quality does not matter in this pistol. The cheapest diabolos you can get will still provide enough for a world record althoug the limiting factor will be the ergonomy of either one of the pistols.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
One of the problems I've discovered with both the air soft and pellet pistols like these, I have several is that the slide on them are very loose... so if you are going to practice drawing and firing you need an adjustable holster or the slide will go open when re-holstering.

I just received a Sig air p365 this past week... that is one little pistol... this one shoots BBs and it puts some power behind it.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
As has been said the SIG is, more or less, a clone of the FAS 6004. That said the SIG is going to shoot more like an accurate plinker vs. a 10m gun. The trigger on the SIG sits a bit far back and has a little too much mush/travel, at least out of the box, as I haven’t dorked with mine.

Shooting the FAS and the SIG are COMPLETELY different experiences with the FAS having a better trigger and much more target oriented gun feel.

The above said, I LOVE my ASP Super target. It’s been sort of a go to for me lately. It feels great in the hand and just feels more casual semi auto pistol esque’ if you will.

I think if you go into it with that mindset you will love it. If you go into it thinking 10m pistol you will be disappointed.

I have found it likes heavier pellets and I almost always have good luck with H&N stuff.

Here are a couple write up’s I did on mine. I also left the pyramid air review from “Chris”.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...080049564#4080049564

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...750017864#5750017864

Take care, shoot safe and don’t shoot your eye out Smile
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Ok this is a lot of fun. Nothing I can compare it to as no olympic airgun experience. However when I do my part can put it just about in same hole. Trigger has a bit of take up that you have to be conscious of, then stage light pressure and fix on target. Break is clean and light. Loading is a bit fiddly until you get used to it. Diablo middleweight 8.02 gr. I am a lousy shot with bad eyes and this is a cheap way to work on my trigger discipline and sight picture with glasses, without glasses etc.

Wife was not thrilled with me setting up in garage and side of house, until I got her practicing.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok this is a lot of fun.

A’yup Smile

I learned this YEARS AND YEARS ago and now, frankly, my airguns give me more enjoyment then my rimfires.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7684 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post