SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Happy to have picked up this FAB 92/Witness 9 after all these years...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy to have picked up this FAB 92/Witness 9 after all these years... Login/Join 
posted

Being a sucker for CZ 75 pattern guns, I've always liked the heft of these all steel EAA guns as well as the ergos. The safety is a little difficult for me to manipulate on the small slide surface. It's a tad harder than a Beretta 92 for my small hands but I make due.

The prices on these have really started to creep up like most everything else and I see a lot fewer of them than I used to. Well, when one comes up for sale locally, it's asking price is usually much more than I want to pay and in the CZ price range. I paid 250 for this one today in a local FTF deal. It was advertised as having some finish issues - primarily a couple of pin-sized rust specs.It's barely noticeable and the gun has the nickel "wonder finish". It's very tight and the action is great. Next one will be a Witness 45! Only negative I see with the gun is the front sight is part of the slide like the early P220's and can't be easily replaced.

Going to shoot it tomorrow as highs will be in the low fifties here and sunny and can't wait. Smile

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations ... nice find.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I went and shot it today. It was perfect through the 175 rounds or so fired. I shot 124 and 147 grain handloads consisting of 231, BE86, Titegroup and Unique. The nickel finish really helps with the slickness of operation between frame and slide.

Also shot a recently purchased 22 and wish I could say it performed as well. Another day; another project.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post