SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What is a P320SP?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is a P320SP? Login/Join 
Picture of Berg
posted
I bought this compact 9mm slide from JSD Supply and I'm not familiar with this model stamped on it. P320SP
It has an unmarked barrel and a front night sight.

The only reference I found online mention a P320SP sold to the Thailand military.

Posts: 785 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
The Sig P320SP has a manual safety.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Berg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. Strange though because I’ve seen many photos of manual safety versions that don’t have the SP on the slide.

Posts: 785 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The pic posted above by 4859 mentioned Global Defense Solutions at the bottom, which would indicate the gun was made for foreign miltary/LE groups. So, from online digging, it appears the P320 SP was made for the Thai's National Police.

Translation from Thai by Google Translate.

https://thaicop.blogspot.com/2...g-sauer-p320-sp.html

The first Sig Sauer P320 sp lot has arrived !!
July 25, 2017

Come once! For the Police Service Brothers Sig Sauer P320 Firearms Since the era of Maj. Gen. Somyot Poompanmuang,
he was a police officer who made an unbelievable low price, over twenty thousand per cylinder.
But due to a coup d'etat Make way for america Slowing down the delivery of firearms to a non-elected government
But Thailand has always tried to coordinate And make the first lot of firearms 5,000 guns delivered to Thailand today (25 July 2017)

By the way, former Lt. Col. Somyot, Phumphan Muang, and Lt. Col. Tinnaphat Phumerin, CPB, were the recipients of the Sig Sauer P320 pistol.
The first 5,000 cylinders and will be delivered to the police officer who ordered the order in order on August 2,
the ordered version will have a special letter SP append (short for Somyot Pumphan Muang).
Sure enough) Standard equipment can be seen in the picture below.

This work must be credited to Pol. Maj. Gen. Somyot, who had successfully driven this project.
Shut the mouths of those who ridicule that they will be cheated. Will not get a gun? I have to thank you Somyot at this opportunity. P.S.

There is a police friend calling for another project like this. With those armor, radio communications, etc. Leave the commander to consider.
Did not use the public tax at least P.S.
The illustration is from the Sig Sauer factory visit in America.

Q

Posts: 26350 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Today you found out what your 'Special Purpose' Is for.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy neighbor, I recently purchased the same kit from JSD supply. Do you have any recommendations on what grip module is an appropriate fit for that slide?

It seems JSD sent me a poly80 grip, why I don’t know??. Maybe Covid related...slide to frame fits but is this a carry or compact slide (320sp).

ccolvin, The East Bay

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Carry, per the SIG blurb a few posts up from yours.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 2 | Registered: January 22, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigP320Driver
posted Hide Post
I also purchased a P320SP as a full build kit. I have to serialize this firearm and desire to continue build is waning. I can buy a serialized, genuine Sig Sauer FCU from Glock Store, but says it is not compatible with manual safeties.

My question to experienced builders is can I buy this serialized FCU and modify it in the MUP-1 jig to accept the manual safety or are they completely different and I have to complete build? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigP320Driver
posted Hide Post
Guys, I found a solution to my customized Sig Sauer P320SP FCU question above, thanks.

Posts: 8 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigP320Driver
posted Hide Post
Follow-up to my “question” and “solution” comments above.

I too purchased a P320SP complete build kit from JSD supply. YES, the kit came with a “P320PTEX” model grip module from Polymer80. Based on this thread and other research (but apparently not enough research, LOL), I too thought the P320SP had a manual safety.

Spoiler Alert: This SPECIFIC JSD Supply kit DOES NOT require an FCU with a manual safety.

I am still trying to 100% confirm if this is a true “carry” P320SP like the SS marketing brochure states or with the Polymer80 “P320PTEX” grip module, does it make it a “full size” handgun???

Because I am required to serialize this handgun (and I had $60 in my pocket), I found a supplier who could deliver a Sig Sauer OEM serialized FCU to my FFL. Since I did not do enough research, I had the supplier modify the FCU to accommodate the manual safety. I received the FCU this Friday, excited to start the “finish” build only to find the grip module from Polymer80 does not have the manual safety notches cut into the grip module. Since I did not do a COMPLETE inventory of all the build parts and only assumed (you know what that means…) it included a manual safety, I found I did not actually have a manual safety P320SP.

I thought I made a big FCU purchase and modification MISTAKE potentially costing me time and money!

I finally sat down and did all the research I should have done up front. I found that the manual safety modifications do not render the FCU unusable, in fact, I found that I now have a “multi-purpose” FCU should I ever want to purchase a grip module with the manual safety notches cut into the grip and manual safety parts. You can take an FCU with a manual safety and remove the manual safety levers and pins and then purchase the correct pins for the “non-manual safety” FCU. You can also take a non-manual safety FCU and with very minor machining modifications, make it a “manual safety” FCU (which I did by mistake through my supplier via lack of research and knowledge during my very first Sig Sauer build) and by buying the correct pins.

I am a believer in manual safeties, so was happy with what I was doing (manual safety). Long story short, I do have a fully functional FCU WITHOUT a manual safety now that the build is complete and function safety checks completed.

I also have an FCU that can become a “manual safety” FCU should I want to purchase the appropriate grip module with the manual safety notches cut and manual safety parts.

NOTE: I have not fired this handgun yet. However, I am confident after the function check this will be a great handgun.

Lesson learned (many times over my life…): Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting your learnings, SigP320Driver. Often there's much to learn from others' [mis]adventures, so long as they're willing to talk about them. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigP320Driver
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Thank you for posting your learnings, SigP320Driver. Often there's much to learn from others' [mis]adventures, so long as they're willing to talk about them. Cool

Happy to help. Lots of bad or incomplete information out there, but also lots of awesome information out there too! This kit is a weird "one off" handgun where a supplier made a bulk purchase of foreign national slides or even the entire handgun (who knows) after a "contract to purchase" fell through and then apparently built a 80% kit around the slide using the Polymer80 grip module and offered the MUP1 FCU blank to be fabricated during a homebuilt 80% project which introduced slight changes, namely eliminating the manual safety. Of onesy-twosy home builts so far just the feel of the handgun has made it my favorite already! Cheers!

Picture of SigP320Driver
posted Hide Post
And to close out my thread, just spoke to Polymer80 and found that the P320PTEX grip module fits both carry and full-size slides. See below:

PF320PTEX™ Grip Module is Compatible with the following products:

P320™ Full & Carry Slides
P320 X5™ Full & Carry Slides,
P320 VTac™ Slides.

So that is a wrap and cannot wait to shoot this P320SP!