SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 45 magazine recommendations please
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 45 magazine recommendations please Login/Join 
Picture of chansen92
posted Hide Post
Wilson and CMC joined forces about 12 years ago and CMC are made under the same roof unless they have split again. Quality wise there is little if any difference.

Posts: 1622 | Location: owosso,Mi. USA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned/Thief
posted Hide Post
quote:
1911 45 magazine recommendations please

Real Colt mags are made by Metalform, Check-mate and a few others. There's a mark on the bottom indicating who made the mag. Wilsons are highly regarded.

Some 1911s are picky. I'd try one of a brand before I bought a bunch.

Posts: 92 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 31, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilson 1st choice, McCormick second.

Some Colts like Colt mags, but most everything likes Wilson.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kaschi:
I've been using the same Colt marked 7 round mag that came with the Combat Commander I bought back in 1988. It's been good to go so a couple more of the same variety have been added to the lineup. Does/Did Colt make those magazines in their own factory? If not which manufacturer makes these for Colt?

Colt was sourcing magazines in that time period from Checkmate and Metalform, they will be marked with an "M" or a "C" on the base to indicate the manufacturer.

Posts: 926 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post