SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig Air Pistols
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Air Pistols Login/Join 
posted
Getting Cabin Fever in isolation with local ranges closed. Got a Sig Super Match Target air pistol inbound...Looks like a P-210
Anyone got any experience with them?
Looks like a FAS clone...and I believe its made by Chiappa.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not just bump your thread from a week ago?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3930080964

Posts: 8961 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a note I posted on another forum about the AST: Brief background: The Kung Flu caused the Rockville MD IWLA to close their facilities for the time being, shutting down their indoor air pistol matches. The match chairperson set up postal matches via email, so I dug out my old Daisy 717 and started competing from my basement. Anyhow decided to get a new air gun and bought a SIG AST Air Super Target which is a Sig P210 clone from Amazon (cost $380 w/tax). It lasted 120 pellets before the pin the receiver/barrel swivels on when cocking backed loose. The gun is built to Sig specs by Chiappa in Italy and has a 5 year warranty.

Called the Sig mothership in NH and got a really helpful rep. who emailed me a FedEx label. Sent it back, they received it on Monday, just got an email that a replacement would be delivered to me on the following Monday. One week total for a replacement! Really excellent service. I've never had a Sig before, but might look at one of their newly designed P210's as they sure seem to be a quality firm.

Posts: 1 | Location: Inwood, WV | Registered: April 25, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
For some reason I own several of the Sig pellet pistols and just recently their p365 BB one.... the P365 seems to be slightly better than the pellet ones... to be clear I don't think any of these are high end competition air guns... the one thing I don't like is the sides on them are really light and you have to use a loose holster or it will move back when putting back in the holster. I realize the spring on the slide has to be light because that function is just for show from the air.

Now with all that said... I do have to say to Church Key above... Glad Sig took care of the problem fast... but believe me when I say there is no real comparison between these air pistols and a real Sig... still I am in the process of building an indoor shooting range for these air guns.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
If your going to go with an air gun - You have to go Full Auto.

I have a couple of Sig Pellet Guns, Colt Python BB gun, but I always find myself grabbing my Berretta 92A1 Full Auto BB gun or my DPMS Full Auto SBR.

They just seem to be the most fun to me. It cures the itch for me when I want to shoot and have to keep it to the backyard or the basement.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Package arrived today...full review to come.
But first impressions are all positive.
Big, Solid Pistol...dwarfs my P-210 Target/
Feel solid in the hand, finished nicely, but not a deep/rich finish....more like a matt uniform coating.
Grips feel nice in the hand, and with big hands, that means a lot to me.
Trigger is excellent outta the box, clean break with no slop.
Cocking takes a bit of effort but the design of the upper makes it easy enough.
Big hands and .177 pellets don't work well with this design..the loading port...barrel breach is hard to get into and will take some muscle memory to get used to it.
Match Sights are ok...but the rear notch seems a bit small and the black front sight easily gets lost. I'll see about some red or white nail polish tpo help it stnd out more.
Accuracy so far seems very tight...I've shot it a few times at about 20 feet...will pace off 33 feet when I seriously test it out in my side yard.
I have a sig pop-up target inbound along with a Crossman .22 trap that should work well inside or out.
I also have to start wearing shooting glasses with this until I get the trap..I hear the pellets ricocheting off the hard wooden fencing I'm using for now.
I can actually consider setting up a 10 Meter airgun range on the side of my house.
Might not be a rough isolation until my real range opens up...whenever that could be.
Pix to follow.
Airguns of Arizona delivered a good price, fast shipping and good service/communications...unlike another depot that was not responsive.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Even with a trap wear some type of eye protection. At fairly close ranges, even with a good pellet trap, you can get some ricochets.

My traps are all very old and very full of pellets and need to be cleaned and they will throw some stuff back.

Other than that, enjoy. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7685 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot some of the SIG CO2 pistols back 20 or so years ago into an old trap from the Scouts marksmanship program (I think Lyman made them)

These days it is Aguilla Colibri or Super Colibri ammunition from my revolvers.

I used to use phone books, but they are no longer a part of our landscape

So now everything is shot into a 5 pound bucket of plumbers putty

Projectiles can not ricochet off of putty and the Colibri has nowhere near the power to push all the way through the putty to the back of the tub

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
If you shoot enough pellets can indeed ricochet off of the lead retained in the duct seal. Mine are due to be cleaned and will pop some back out.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7685 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Quick Pix of my P-210 under the SIig ASP Match Target Pistol .177 pelletgun.

So far, very damn accurate even in my hands and a precision trainer. Good ergonomics, surprisingly good trigger. Not cheap and a pain to load tiny pellets with big hands.
But works well and feels solid....motivating me to work on my side yard range and enjoy wringing it out.

posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drshame,