SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pick Up My Almost Grail Gun Tomorrow
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pick Up My Almost Grail Gun Tomorrow Login/Join 
posted
I've wanted a 3 inch Python since I was a kid. I'm an old man now, so that's been a very long time. I ordered one last week, and it came in today. I say "almost" grail gun because it's stainless, not the old royal blue, but its close enough. Last week I bought a King Cobra to keep it company, that's the only two Colts I own.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I have yet to acquire a Colt, but my buddy recently did the same as you and picked up a King Cobra and a Python. He's a long-time S&W guy who's 3" Model 60 was his favorite gun for years. He told me the other day that the King Cobra is actually better. I need to get to the range with him at some point and try it for myself.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
When you have a give a range report on the Colt. Always nice to get a report by an owner.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1552 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was in the local lgs and they had a 4” Python for $1356. It was best price I’ve seen. I was tempted. Nice pickup on your part.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a store employee, I get guns at near wholesale. I'm finally getting over my rage at Colt. In the mid-90's, I believe, they produced a pistol nearly the size of a 365, all metal, 6 round or so. I bought it and shot it very well. I went to the LGS looking for mags. He had none, but we called Colt on speaker. The snotty bitch told us Colt was not supporting this pistol and it never should have been released to the public, and I would get no mags. I became totally pissed, and another customer offered me more than what I had paid for it. I sold it on the spot, then went home and retrieved 13 Colts and sold them to the shop. Last week was the first Colt I bought since, and I only did because CZ now owns them and I respect their quality.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Ooh. I’ve been looking at my LGS selection of Colts lately. They have a mix of old and new Pythons. The old blue guns are just otherworldly.

A 4” Trooper in .357 is really tugging at me.

Range report on your new Python, please!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will most certainly submit a range report. I put a box of .38 rounds thru the King Cobra this week. At 7 yards, I put 4 out of 6 in the "T" on a target, the T referring to the eyes and nose gap on a skull. Pretty good for the first shots out of a new revolver.

posted Hide Post
I would like to have a 4" python, but I'm holding out hope for a blue version. Either way, not until the overtime picks back up.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2734 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I picked up a 3 inch Python a few months ago. Haven’t shot it yet. I want to load some wad cutters for it. Looking forward to your report.
SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked my 3 inch up two weeks ago. Very nice trigger. It was very inaccurate , but I discovered the rear sight is very loose and not made to fit properly. I called Colt and they are sending me a new sight. Hopefully it's not too difficult to replace. The trigger is great. It should never have been shipped with a sight that sloppy. Customer service seemed great though, so I will give them credit for that. It was always my grail gun as well.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Python, Fredward.
I bought a electroless nickel 4" back in the early 1980s. I was around 21 or so at the time. I ended up selling it and regretting it ever since.
That dumbass move ranks up there with the selling of my HK91 I purchased a couple of months later. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I want a 6” in blue. I am holding off hoping they will start doing blue eventually. Doubt they will look as good as the originals but we’ll see.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a couple of 3" Pythons in for a while recently. I admit that I was eyeballing them for an unhealthy while but I resisted and thankfully now the guns have gone on to other homes. I just couldn't get the image of my blued 4" out of my head. Polished high-sheen stainless just doesn't have as much appeal to me but the 3" barrel absolutely does. My 3" GP100 is by far my favorite .357 handgun and I've been contemplating a short barrel 586 to go with it. If Colt were to return to bluing with the Snake guns, a 3" Python would certainly be in the mix as well.

Congrats on your new pet.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even better news. I had five handguns on auction on GB. Our auction guy told me all five had closed and payment sent via cc, so I had a substantial amount of surplus over the Python.I hate paying sales tax, so I took payMent in the form of a K6s Target. I should be set for a while.