SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SIG P210 with .22LR conversion kit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P210 with .22LR conversion kit Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Does any member have a SIG P210 with the .22LR conversion kit? I’d love to see a report of .22 operation. Accuracy, ease of conversion, and trigger feel.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...250015705#4250015705

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG-Sauer
Anthropologist
posted Hide Post
Replacement is simple. Pull the locking pin (slide stop), replace the slide assembly, insert the locking pin. Itś precision is OK. However, it cannot be compared with a sport pistol from the same era. Sport pistols with fixed barrels like an MK II, M41 etc, shoot more consistently.
Another challenge is the recoil spring, which is designed for the 7.65 x 21 impulse and therefore causes some effort in the search for suitable ammunition so that the system runs reliably.
From the marksmans point of view, it is an overrated, elaborate system that is only loved by its mother. Whoever takes part in a match with it today will be the main attraction and will win many friends.
For collectors they are an interesting and nice to have accessory.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: OTD,

Posts: 3775 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: January 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Thank you, OTD. Lots of interesting info in your reply.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8960 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience has been pretty good.

I've got a Hammerli 162 and a pair of S&W 41's. My 210 came together with the .22 assembly. No idea whether they were matched at the factory or ... For me the accuracy seems to be on par with the 41's.

Posts: 2542 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have this rare full kit from the late 1960’s with both 30 Luger and 9mm barrels and the 22LR full conversion. While the entire kit is unfired outside the factory, judging from the test targets, it’s very accurate in every caliber.

The conversion itself is easy.

Posts: 1326 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Neat! And a very classy box into the bargain. Thanks for posting. What’s that object above the 7.65mm barrel?

Serious about crackers

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Neat! And a very classy box into the bargain. Thanks for posting. What’s that object above the 7.65mm barrel?

Thank you. This was built back before there was an Sig Sauer and the P210 was actually the only handgun Sig built. The full checkered grips were apparently only issued with these kits. I’ve seen exactly two other examples online (not in person) in all my years of collecting, so I don’t think Sig built many. The 30 Luger barrel matches. The 22 upper they pulled from P210-7 production.

It’s a tool kit

The funny thing is that the tool kit is higher quality than a lot of pistols these days.

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:

Based on the serial number (the best I can make out), 51111, this P210-6 was manufactured in 1950/1951.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Thanks bac. One more question (until I think of another one Smile). What’s that object apparently clipped to the back of the left-most magazine?

Serious about crackers

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Thanks bac. One more question (until I think of another one Smile). What’s that object apparently clipped to the back of the left-most magazine?

That's a magazine loader.

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:

Based on the serial number (the best I can make out), 51111, this P210-6 was manufactured in 1950/1951.

The serial number is 61111

The P210-6 didn’t even exist in 1951. The late 60’s was ideal. They had the steel hardening right by then and they were doing some of their best work. The frames were still forged then as well.

https://www.rockislandauction....ms-sp478-pistol-9-mm

Here’s a long ago link for an earlier model before the P210-6 name was given. Other than that, same kit.

Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Here's my '80s P210-6 with an adjustable sight .22lr conversion kit:

Here is my P210-6 with the .22lr conversion mounted. Note that you must have the "Sport Hammer" equipped hammer pack installed. The standard P210 hammer will smack into the bottom of the adjustable sight conversion's rear sight.

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Nice! Thanks for the photos and additional info. Nifty that the .22LR slide also has an adjustable sight.

Serious about crackers