SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P938 mag options?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 mag options? Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Looking for some confirmation of various things I have read online. Some say that the 938 Legion magazines will fit the standard 938, but not vice versa. Other things have said that the Kimber micro 9 8 round magazines will work in the 938. Can anybody confirm any of this? Also, what is the advantage of using the Legion magazines in a standard 938? Was the capacity increased?

Posts: 4460 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
The P938 Legion has a magwell installed which prevents standard 7 round magazines from being installed. Legion mags will fit a standard P938 but hang out the bottom of the frame. To my knowledge they both have a 7 round capacity.

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
My understanding is this:

P938: Standard flush fit mags are 6 round (+1) and 7 round pinky extended mags are available.

P938 legion: Standard flush fit mags are 7 round (+1), no factory options for extended mags

Kimber micro 9: Standard flush fit mags are 7 round (+1), and 8 round pinky extended mags are available

It seems like in a standard P938 I can use any magazine, with 6 and 7 round factory options (P938 pinky extended or P938 legion standard though not flush fit) plus an 8 round Kimber option.

Any of this incorrect?

Posts: 4460 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use 8-round Kimber Micro9 mags in my P938. Perfect fit and function, and my pinky finger now has something to hold onto. Never had any problems with the Kimber mags.

Posts: 39 | Location: Center of U.S.A. | Registered: June 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SteveR2012
posted Hide Post
I too use the Kimber Micro 9 eight round mags in my P938, with no issues as far as functionality. There is no loss of concealability.

Posts: 109 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
Same here as to the Kimber 8-round mags running with no issues.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too use Kimber Micro 9 mags without issue, but they are in my Micro 9.
I do use a 6 round 938 mag from time to time and it’s been flawless as well.

Posts: 277 | Location: Pa | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post