SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Changed my P320 M18 to the way I want
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changed my P320 M18 to the way I want Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted
I was looking for a gun to fit between my P365XL and my P226 SAO. The P356XL feels small in my hand and the P226, though I love the idea, just weighs a ton. I considered a P229 but as people pointed out to me, the difference between it and the P226 is negligible.

Enter the P320 M18. It's plastic so it's lightweight with its 3.9" barrel. What cinched it for me is it has a safety. Yes, I like safeties; both the P365XL and the P226 have them. I've been carrying it for a few weeks and I like its fit and weight.

But I also want an RDS. But I didn't like the idea of losing the rear sight on the M18. And the sights are regular height and would be useless anyway. But Sig does offer a slide for the P320 with suppressor sights and optic ready. I just need to order the RDS also. Since I was going to order, I do like the flat trigger on the two other guns so I ordered a flat trigger as well. Then that months old thread got resurrected and I thought, why not. And since I was getting all these stuff, I figure why not go whole hog so I bought a Wilson Combat module also.

All the parts arrived today, so I put it all together. Did all the function checks. FWIW, I do like the functionality of the douche pedal. And it fits in the holster.

Probably Thursday, I'll shoot some rounds through it and sight it in. In the meantime, I'm back to the P365XL. And I also thought, now, all I need is an FCU, barrel, and recoil spring assembly and I have another P320.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
That’s the great thing about the 320 and 365. They really are the Burger King guns - have it your way. Congrats on getting it set-up the way you like it. Looks good and thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
FWIW, I do like the functionality of the douche pedal.

Hey. It's DouchePedal®™, sir. You trying to get sued?

Big Grin

That Wilson Combat module looks great, super grippy. I've been steadfast in sticking with brand "G" for a striker carry gun, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to consider stuff like HK's and 320's. I dry fired a 320 years ago right after buying several Glocks and was amazed at the trigger pull. Would have bought one of the former if not for the latter. The 320 has been around long enough that I'm not worried about Exeter pulling their "now you see it, now you don't" nonsense.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
FWIW, I do like the functionality of the douche pedal.

Hey. It's DouchePedal®™, sir. You trying to get sued?

Big Grin

That Wilson Combat module looks great, super grippy. I've been steadfast in sticking with brand "G" for a striker carry gun, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to consider stuff like HK's and 320's. I dry fired a 320 years ago right after buying several Glocks and was amazed at the trigger pull. Would have bought one of the former if not for the latter. The 320 has been around long enough that I'm not worried about Exeter pulling their "now you see it, now you don't" nonsense.

Those Wilson Combat frames feel great. I put one on mine and love it.

I'm staying away from that DouchePedal®™. Smile

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I call them ass pedals.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Douche Pedal and a Fudd Switch.
I bet you swipe everyone's brass at the range too.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Douche Pedal and a Fudd Switch.
I bet you swipe everyone's brass at the range too.

I don't reload so I just collect my brass and dump it in the bin that's usually there. But don't let me stop you from jumping to conclusions, I'm sure it's gotten you very far in life successfully. I bet you just have a way of making everyone around you feel good.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's nice having options now for the gun. I am glad Sig finally made the P320 to compete with other polymer makers and the aftermarket companies seem to agree.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
@Rey HRH: Nice! Flexibility and my experience with the M-17 in the Army won me over as well. (Maybe it's my service time, IDK, but I prefer and feel 100% more comfortable with a manual safety)...

So, here I am now; M-18 with Wilson Combat compact module and 15 round magazines. (Galco IWB is ok, "Urban Carry" is much better than I thought (It will hold me over until I decide and wait for a custom piece like R.Grizzle). I shoot this way better than my XDS; bigger still, but I can CCW this 3 seasons for sure. FWIW; thinking hard about a set of Heine Straight Eights... Going to get a few months/hundred rounds under my belt before I go any further with that.

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbird:
@Rey HRH: Nice! Flexibility and my experience with the M-17 in the Army won me over as well. (Maybe it's my service time, IDK, but I prefer and feel 100% more comfortable with a manual safety)...

So, here I am now; M-18 with Wilson Combat compact module and 15 round magazines. (Galco IWB is ok, "Urban Carry" is much better than I thought (It will hold me over until I decide and wait for a custom piece like R.Grizzle). I shoot this way better than my XDS; bigger still, but I can CCW this 3 seasons for sure. FWIW; thinking hard about a set of Heine Straight Eights... Going to get a few months/hundred rounds under my belt before I go any further with that.

Nice set up. I'm glad I got the Wilson Combat grip. I think it does have some small improvements over the OEM.

I only have 2 striker fired guns - the P365XL and the M18. I think the M18 trigger is very smooth, clean break, and easy reset. I think the trigger is about 3.5 to 4.5 lbs pull which I think is like a 1911. I'm glad for the safety. In contrast, my P365XL has a gritty pull when I take up the slack and is definitely higher than 4.5 lbs pull. I don't know if I just got lucky with this M18 or if it's pretty standard.