SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 issues worked out WHAT DATE?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 issues worked out WHAT DATE? Login/Join 
posted
What date have the issues been worked out of the Sig P365. In other words what is the earliest date one should look at for being assured that the bugs are worked out. Looking for an answer such as May, 2018 0r May 2019 etc.

Posts: 10 | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum.

When buying a used P365, particularly one with a first year (2018) birthday, I suppose an "edumakated" guess on when the model was 'officially' GTG would be a birthdate in September 2018 at the earliest, as I recall some August '18 guns had suffered with out-of-spec trigger return springs that lead to dead triggers. I remember at least one 8/18 P365 in our inventory that had the telltale scratch mark on the back of the magazine. However we didn't know what that meant at the time and the gun was sold and long gone before I learned the actual cause of that scratching.

However keep in mind that if you're buying a P365 built during this early time frame and that it's been shot quite a bit, chances are that it's free from the ailments that caused all of the early grief. If the gun was something of a safe queen (or just wasn't shot much), then you'll need to be more wary. That said, the fixes are pretty straightforward; a new striker from SIG to address the broken firing pin issue from dry fire with the first design, and a proper-spec trigger return spring for the latter. I might be wrong on this but I also think that it's unlikely that any P365 built during this time period would have BOTH problems. The return spring issue seemed to affect guns that had summer birthdates, and by that time P365 production had already switched to the redesigned striker to address the firing pin breakages.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Welcome to the forum.

When buying a used P365, particularly one with a first year (2018) birthday, I suppose an "edumakated" guess on when the model was 'officially' GTG would be a birthdate in September 2018 at the earliest, as I recall some August '18 guns had suffered with out-of-spec trigger return springs that lead to dead triggers. I remember at least one 8/18 P365 in our inventory that had the telltale scratch mark on the back of the magazine. However we didn't know what that meant at the time and the gun was sold and long gone before I learned the actual cause of that scratching.

However keep in mind that if you're buying a P365 built during this early time frame and that it's been shot quite a bit, chances are that it's free from the ailments that caused all of the early grief. If the gun was something of a safe queen (or just wasn't shot much), then you'll need to be more wary. That said, the fixes are pretty straightforward; a new striker from SIG to address the broken firing pin issue from dry fire with the first design, and a proper-spec trigger return spring for the latter. I might be wrong on this but I also think that it's unlikely that any P365 built during this time period would have BOTH problems. The return spring issue seemed to affect guns that had summer birthdates, and by that time P365 production had already switched to the redesigned striker to address the firing pin breakages.

Thank you for clearing this up with a complete and precise answer. Much appreciated.

Posts: 10 | Registered: August 27, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post