SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 Spectre or Staccato p dpo
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 Spectre or Staccato p dpo Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Awesome! Enjoy it.

There are several compensator options specific to the Staccatos that are either available or in development. May be worth considering.

I'm looking forward to getting a compensator, but for now first a few magazines and a holster.

Dawson Precision makes one that is pretty sweet. Just FYI Big Grin

https://dawsonprecision.com/ic...by-dawson-precision/

The upcoming Parker Mountain Machine comp is also really neat looking. I believe there are a couple others.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of range trips with the Staccato P, everything that is said is true.
Very flat shooting, soft recoil impulse, if you do your part very accurate. Overall a great handgun the only thing I don't like is the texture of the grip, I ordered a couple more mags and will order the optics plate and holster.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a couple of range trips with the Staccato P, everything that is said is true.
Very flat shooting, soft recoil impulse, if you do your part very accurate. Overall a great handgun the only thing I don't like is the texture of the grip, I ordered a couple more mags and will order the optics plate and holster.

If you want a more aggressive and perhaps somewhat trimmer grip, take a look at McMullen Stippleworks on Facebook or Instagram. Frankly, his online presence is terrible, but his results are great, pricing is fair, and turnaround is fast.

My Staccato P has the same stippling as this review:

https://youtu.be/YcV9RqzJb5o

I have a second grip from McMullen waiting for my XC to arrive.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered Talon grips to see how they work, eventually I will send my grip to get done.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
quote:

If you want a more aggressive and perhaps somewhat trimmer grip, take a look at McMullen Stippleworks on Facebook or Instagram. Frankly, his online presence is terrible, but his results are great, pricing is fair, and turnaround is fast.

My Staccato P has the same stippling as this review:

https://youtu.be/YcV9RqzJb5o

I have a second grip from McMullen waiting for my XC to arrive.

Oh that's exactly what I'm looking for for my P.

Does it somewhat slim the grip as well as adding the obvious texture?

Do you have to send him a stripped grip frame or does he have an FFL and can receive the whole assembled frame?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:

Oh that's exactly what I'm looking for for my P.

Does it somewhat slim the grip as well as adding the obvious texture?

Do you have to send him a stripped grip frame or does he have an FFL and can receive the whole assembled frame?

If you choose to have the texture wrapped to the mainspring housing and front strap, there will be a mild grip reduction. Enough to notice but not enough to change the profile. The "Dave Timm Package" in the YouTube video I linked will do the reduction.

You'll need to remove the grip frame. It can be done by with a set of Allen keys, which I think come with the gun. Send the uninstalled grip frame only (I used a USPS Priority Small Flat Rate box for $8.75). Brandon pays the return shipping. Both of mine have been a single digit number of days turnaround (2 and 4).

He provides LE/MIL discount. My price after discount was $240 I believe. Beats the hell out of Darkside Precision at nearly $400 and several months.

I WILL be sending my C2 grip frame soon but going with his less aggressive texture.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Great info. Thanks!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just came back from the 3rd range trip, I was plinking can at 25 yards and I'm impressed how easy I was hitting them.

posted Hide Post
Every Thursday night I go to the range for a timed fire target match and I noticed that they had a Staccato for rent @ $10 . I am going to have to give it a try and see what happens. I know that I am playing with fire because if I buy one then it will probably cost me 3 x as much more when my wife gets her new purse and shoes. Quid pro quo.

Posts: 13 | Location: Charleston SC | Registered: July 15, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post