SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    365/380 ACP owners step inside
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

365/380 ACP owners step inside Login/Join 
posted
I bought a 365 380 ACP as soon as I could find one, and currently have 355 flawless rounds through it and carry it daily. I absolutely love this gun and give the engineers at Sig a great deal of credit for developing a masterpiece.

Yesterday while perusing another forum I was looking at a comparison of the 365/380 and another brand of 380 firearm and the author stated that “many owners on the Sig forum are unhappy with their 365/380” I couldn’t believe that because I haven’t seen any negative claims here.

I would like to hear from others on the forum how you feel about your 365/380 ?

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don’t have one, only handled one. Only complaint I’ve heard that even slightly makes sense is complaining that it isn’t smaller than a regular 365. That’s silly to me but that is only negative observation that I have heard.

Posts: 7444 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
I have one and love it. It has been 100% reliable thru probably 300-350 rounds of various FMJ and defense loads. I have both 10 and 12 round mags and currently run the Underwood 90gr+P Extreme Penetrator and 100gr.+P Hard Cast (alternate in mags). Even with what Underwood calls +P loads it is soft shooting and makes the pistol beg to be run fast. Can’t imagine anyone not liking this pistol.

I like the P365 platform and have several iterations in 9mm:

P365
P365x with Lima light (nightstand duty)
P365XL with Romeo
P365 Spectre Comp

But, in the summer months I like working some 380’s into my carry rotation. I’ve developed a little arthritis in my wrist and they are just more pleasant to shoot.

I put the Wilson Combat grip on my P365 9mm and I think it is a big improvement, so much so that I contacted Wilson to ask if the grip would also fit the new 380 version. They said no it wouldn’t so there has got to be some slight difference in size. I can tell you the 380 is lighter and feels slightly smaller.

I have posted my fondness for this pistol on several forums. I also have a P232SL which I like but for carry size and mag capacity I choose the P365-380. I mean, 10-12 rounds of hot 380 in a pocket size pistol that I can shoot accurately and fast is pretty good in my mind.

Sold my Ruger LCP Max when the Sig came out. Big upgrade.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poppy6x: I also own the 365 and 365 xl in 9mm, but often pocket carry a Ruger LCP Max because the 9mm 365 is just a little too big to me for comfortable pocket carry. I noticed you said you switched from the Ruger LCPMax to the 365 in 380. Do you pocket carry the 365? If so, how does it carry compared to the Ruger? I haven’t seen the 380 version of the 365 yet so haven’t been able to compare.

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
When I say “pocket carry” I put it in two categories: pants/shorts and coat/jacket.
I usually carry the P365-380 either IWB or OWB and in colder months when out and about I carry in coat or jacket pocket. I could carry it in shorts/pants pocket but I feel my P238 or S&W 432 is better for that. Same with the LCP Max only carried in coat or jacket pocket, but do acknowledge that it would have a slight edge over the P365 if I were to carry in pants/shorts. I wasn’t a fan of the included Ruger pocket holster and prefer Remoras for that cause allows me to switch from pocket to IWB when I want. This is especially helpful in colder months when I take my coat off I can quickly tuck the pistol I was carrying in my waistband. Hope this isn’t too confusing.

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased a P365 in .380 auto last month to get my wife into more range time. She’s very recoil sensitive and is doing well with my Glock 44 in .22 LR.

We have two 9mm P365s and a P365X 9mm and I am a certified armorer on the platform. I’m a fan of it and prefer it over the P320 line.

Everyone that I’ve let shoot my .380 version has said “I didn’t know Sig made this in .380”. So, I’m not sure Sig’s marketing is reaching those that don’t view forums and such.

I’m approaching the 500 round mark with my copy and it has been 100% reliable. I can post low 90s on a B8 repair center at 25 yards offhand/freestyle. It’s soft shooting and weighs less than my 9mm copies. It’s a great little pistol and the only issue has been some light rust developing on the magazine release button. My front sight was slightly askew and was easily corrected with my MGW Sight Pro.

The 12 round magazines work great and I do prefer the optic cut changes that retain the rear sight. I purchased this direct from Sig using their NRA Instructor discount program and plan on purchasing another copy as a parts/second gun.

Great little pistol.

Posts: 27 | Registered: September 05, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Only downside on Sig 365 in 9mm. Magazines are difficult to load. You have to use them to break them in.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more question for people who have owned or shot both the 365 in .380 and the Ruger LCP Max: does the .380 365 shoot noticeably softer than the Ruger?

Posts: 135 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: October 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
My vote is yes, it feels softer and is much more controllable. May be attributable to better ergonomics (grip much better in my opinion) and better trigger. All this combines to make a good range experience which encourages training. Couldn’t say that about the LCP Max. I would describe the Max as utilitarian. Only advantage is the much lower cost. Can be had under $400.

And if I didn’t mention it before, I ran 40 rounds of Blazer 95gr. ALUMINUM thru my pistol and it didn’t miss a beat.Uber reliable.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimacp:
One more question for people who have owned or shot both the 365 in .380 and the Ruger LCP Max: does the .380 365 shoot noticeably softer than the Ruger?

There's no comparison. I only have two range trips with the 365 and both times I shot the LCP Max too, the Max is a good pistol but shooting the 365 is a pleasure.

Posts: 931 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimacp:

I held out for a used LCP Max thinking it may replace the G42. NOT. Couldn't get any loads to print with a POI close to POA. Snappier, and not as controllable. That pedestrian finish will just about begin to rust if I stare at it long enough.

That said, it took the third outing with my 365 A/B'd against the Glock to convince myself that the Sig is the new class-leader. The main two reasons are that it seems slightly more controllable, and ACCURACY. The Glock is barn-door at 25yds, LOL. The Siggy seems every bit as accurate as its 9mm Big-Bro. I am pocketing it frequently as BUG to a 365XL, or waist carry primary as a dog-walker.

Posts: 379 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post