SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 45 collecting dust
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 45 collecting dust Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
I use to shoot the G45 but know it feels so clunky after buying the 43x, 48 and 365 tac ops. the 365 has been getting a work out lately I just really like it. I took my G45 with me put one mag thru it and went right back to the 365, has anyone else been doing the same?

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you found a host for a 10mm conversion.

Wink

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Wink

9 mm to a 10 mm that's possible?

Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
has anyone else been doing the same?

No, still EDCing my Glock 19. When the 48 came out, I had the chance to handle it at a shop. Grip felt really good to me, better even than my 19's grip (and I am a fan of the 19, having owned 32 of them at this point). Then a buddy bought one and I had the chance to shoot the 48 side by side with my 19s and MR918s, different drills, different courses of fire - on a handful of occasions. The 19 just flat outperformed the 48. In my hands.

I have also now shot the 43x and several of the SIG 365 versions..., nice guns; but prefer my 19s.
Currently carrying a WCV Gen 5 19, also have a spare one in the safe. I do think that these two will see me through the rest of my time on this rock. But who knows what tomorrow may offer Wink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
No. My G45 is my favorite gun. Slightly ahead of my G47.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 45 is a gunfighter gun suitable for war fighting. All other mentioned are EDC/CCW guns.

Most people carry for defensive purposes, some people lawfully need offensive capabilities.

The right tool for the right purposes.

18Z50….Glock 45 OWS.

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Wink

9 mm to a 10 mm that's possible?

Ooops, my bad. Was thinking about the 45 ACP Glock instead of the model 45 Glock.

Nevermind...

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
My son has a Glock 45 and it is my favorite Glock. I have one 34, two 17s, two 19s, and a Shadow MR920 and I am having a hard time justifying picking up a 45 for myself. I carry and shoot my P365s, but when I do serious work at the range I choose something bigger. Lately, I have been shooting a CZ PCR or an MK25 because I shoot them both very well. I sold off quite a few of my dust collectors earlier this year.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It's a nice gun, no denying. It's my issued duty weapon. I was carrying one off duty as well but have transitioned to smaller guns for carry since the weather is warming up.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8022 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I carry a G19 on duty and P365 off duty, but a G45 is my bedside gun.

Posts: 32522 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I used to be a big fan of the G19, and own one example of every generation. They have sat in the safe since I got my G45. It’s my carry every day, and when the day is done, I stick a TLR1 on it and into the headboard it goes. If I’m going to carry anything lighter, it’s a G42 in basketball shorts for getting the mail or some such, I keep the G45 with me. I just don’t care about printing anymore, nobody pays attention anyway, so there’s no need for me to carry a super compact concealment gun. Who actually looks around at people anymore in the age of the smartphone? Nobody but other guys who carry guns.

Posts: 17152 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum's Official
Metalhead
Picture of DTREND75
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
It's a nice gun, no denying. It's my issued duty weapon. I was carrying one off duty as well but have transitioned to smaller guns for carry since the weather is warming up.

Ditto

Sensitive and caring since August 2009

Some people are like a Slinky....not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Posts: 3810 | Location: PSST! Look behind you! | Registered: July 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The slimline Glocks are for concealment only IMO. The double column magazine Glocks are always preferable and they, too, can be concealed.

I do not shoot slimline Glocks as well as the standard width Glocks.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Each tool has its place. I sometimes carry a 19x depending on the situation, weather, and physical capabilities (arthritis.) I can always manage the 19x, some days other guns not so much. Also on road trips, the 19x or plain 19 often rides in the center console, with a smaller gun on my belt.

Posts: 17146 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I have gone back to the gun store three times fondling the 365x legion with the aluminum lower and every time I pick it up, it really does something for me, it has the little extra weight in the lower section that is very appealing to me. I don't need another 9 mm but it needs me.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I use to shoot the G45 but know it feels so clunky after buying the 43x, 48 and 365 tac ops. the 365 has been getting a work out lately I just really like it. I took my G45 with me put one mag thru it and went right back to the 365, has anyone else been doing the same?

My G45 gets little love these days, but not because of some dalliance with a dainty P365. It's because a Gen5 G17 MOS has kind of bitch-slapped the poor G45 into hiding in the dark recesses of my big pistol safe.

That G17 which I bought last year has become my favorite Glock to spend time with at the range, thanks in part to how it seems to balance better for me than the G45 does, and that the Holosun SCS direct mount RDS allows me to present the gun just as I would a Glock using only open sights. Game changing optic since it doesn't force me to to set aside 34 years of RDS-less Glock shooting. It has me considering picking up another fun-time Glock, this time a Gen5 G34 MOS with its even longer barrel and sight radius. But right now the G17 has become so good...

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have gone back to the gun store three times fondling the 365x legion with the aluminum lower and every time I pick it up, it really does something for me, it has the little extra weight in the lower section that is very appealing to me. I don't need another 9 mm but it needs me.

Have you held the P365X Macro Comp? A loaded mag might give you that extra grip weight you like and still keep the overall package a bit lighter.

Posts: 447 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
My G45 is one of my favorite Glocks and sleeps next to me every night with a light on it.

Posts: 3459 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just don’t care about printing anymore, nobody pays attention anyway, so there’s no need for me to carry a super compact concealment gun. Who actually looks around at people anymore in the age of the smartphone?

This ^^^ in spades. Super small compact guns have a place but a niche one for me personally. The fact for me personally is drawing and shooting something in the G19 sized envelope is just so much easier/more natural.

While I don’t carry Glocks as a rule the G45 is my favorite Glock they have ever made, it’s one of those weird guns that is more then a simple sum of its parts.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RR:
quote:

Have you held the P365X Macro Comp? A loaded mag might give you that extra grip weight you like and still keep the overall package a bit lighter.

I have the 365 x macro tac ops this would be a different version of the same basic pistol.