SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    While Glock is doing mullet guns, Smith is going the other direction with the Shield
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

While Glock is doing mullet guns, Smith is going the other direction with the Shield Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The longer grip shorter slide thing doesn’t check any boxes for me.

quote:
Originally posted by sox:
See, I am the other way, this checks none of the boxes for me..

+1
The G43x suits me perfectly fine.

+2
I can shoot a lot better with a short bbl and proper grip. I HATE pistols with grips so small I can only get 2 fingers on.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
You don’t like mullet guns, don’t buy one.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
Geez, I'm old. All of them look ridiculous to me. I'm still doing the daily with a P239 in .357 Sig and a few extra mags. Nothing I've seen with holo-sites or Tupperware frames has yet to make me wanna' ditch it.

But! If it floats yer' boat, then float away happy, man....

Posts: 800 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
They are weapons, not totems or fashion statements... Well, at least for some of us they are... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like em' all and if I could buy them all, I would. Well, maybe not a Hi Point.
Right now is truly a great time to be a gun owner. From pistols to rifles, there is something for everyone and if you don't like something, there always a different choice.
I've always liked S&W and had 2 Shields, I just like to carry Glock more. I shoot it better therefore that's what I carry.
Not much for the RMR's but there again is choice. I don't have to but you're more than welcome to.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Since you brought up the P239 you may like it, but looking at it objectively, it has significant negatives. Even looking at 9mm vs 9mm, the 43x is shorter (even with it's longer grip than the 43), lighter, and has more capacity. So maybe there is something to tupperware, and maybe the time of guns like the P239 has passed (which Sig has acknowledged by discontinuing it.)

Note, we're talking about mullet guns here, so I'm using the 43x for comparison. The P239 looks even worse when compared to the P365.

quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:
Geez, I'm old. All of them look ridiculous to me. I'm still doing the daily with a P239 in .357 Sig and a few extra mags. Nothing I've seen with holo-sites or Tupperware frames has yet to make me wanna' ditch it.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Ummm..... IIRC Sig discontinued the 239 to push the 225. Another metal framed hammer fired single stack 9mm.

The death of the DA/SA has been proclaimed, many times. It just hasn't occurred. Wink

And after working Homicide for 19 years and almost 200 GSW murders, I have yet to see the need for a high capacity pistol - in real life. You have either prevailed, or are in second place in 3 or 4 shots, the vast majority of the time.

Buy what you like and shoot what you get a fast accurate hit with. Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The P225, or the P320 and/or P365? I wonder which lines they're investing more in, and selling more of.

quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Ummm..... IIRC Sig discontinued the 239 to push the 225. Another metal framed hammer fired single stack 9mm.

You can still buy a new production single action revolver if you want. That doesn't mean the gun world hasn't moved on.
quote:

The death of the DA/SA has been proclaimed, many times. It just hasn't occurred. Wink

I can believe this. Knowing how to shoot (especially while being shot at), is vastly more important than capacity. On the flip side, what is your department issuing?
quote:

And after working Homicide for 19 years and almost 200 GSW murders, I have yet to see the need for a high capacity pistol - in real life. You have either prevailed, or are in second place in 3 or 4 shots, the vast majority of the time.

Buy what you like and shoot what you get a fast accurate hit with. Smile Regards 18DAI

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I'm retired. Smile Rockingham County D.A. Investigator. We chose from a list of options. All of us carried single stack 45s. I chose the 4566. Others chose various 1911's or G36.

Off duty, for me, was a 4516 and later the 4513TSW. Which I still carry in retirement.

In summer I often carry a small CS9 9mm. With RA9B 147 grain bonded ammo. Kills bugs dead. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I searched and found
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhp8sYPwAE

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54600 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad for options. I've long said I've wanted a short grip long barrel to the point where I've chopped my 19 to a 26 grip. There are benefits and I'm glad the short barrel long grip kids had their fun but this appeals to me. Again I'm glad for options.

Posts: 3043 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:

Glad to hear this, I thought I was the only one who did that.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Glad to hear this, I thought I was the only one who did that.

Posts: 800 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:

Ummm......IIRC Sig discontinued the 225 to push the 239. Another metal framed hammer fired single stack 9mm. (20+ years ago)

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10900 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My .45 Shield 2.0 so far is my best shooting CCW, with my higher capacity 9MM HK 30SK Lem in second place.
But it did need an Apex Trigger Kit and Triji night sights for my intended needs.

I'd like to be able to buy a Performance Center 4" Top End/Red Dot for target use, and have the shorter top end for actual CCW.
I'd like to see S&W make them available, similar to the capability Sig Caliber Conversions kits offer. My P-226 has .22, 9mm and 357Sig top ends/mags so I can use the platform for just about any major pistol caliber I need.
I contacted S&W and nobody knew if or when the top ends work on Shield 2.0 Frames or if they'd ever be sold separatly.

Posts: 957 | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen what dot they are using?

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
Has anyone seen what dot they are using?

I was curious also ... I'm guessing it is a JPoint. But it's only a guess ...

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post