SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    While Glock is doing mullet guns, Smith is going the other direction with the Shield
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

While Glock is doing mullet guns, Smith is going the other direction with the Shield Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted
Smith is coming out with a 4" optics ready Performance Center version of the Shield.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019...d-m2-0-series-photos

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
To me this makes much more sense. The longer grip shorter slide thing doesn’t check any boxes for me.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
To me this makes much more sense. The longer grip shorter slide thing doesn’t check any boxes for me.

Agreed, I'll eventually get around to picking up a 320SC grip/mag & toss on the C slide.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See, I am the other way, this checks none of the boxes for me. Why would I want a longer gun to dig into my groin when I am seated, oh and offer worse control and grip indexing in the heat of the moment, just when I need it most. Hopefully, S&W will offer a “high cap shield” thin but more capacity.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
The longer grip shorter slide thing doesn’t check any boxes for me.

quote:
Originally posted by sox:
See, I am the other way, this checks none of the boxes for me..

+1
The G43x suits me perfectly fine.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't see the need for an extra 1/2" on a CCW.

"But but SIGHT RADIUS!!!" - No one has been able to quantify the benefits of that extra sight length translating into practical accuracy.

"But BUT MUZZLE VELOCITY!!" - I'll front the 30-50 FPS lost for concealment.

But hey, it's the golden era, so if it floats your boat, enjoy!

The free market will judge the winner eventually!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Same size as Glock 48 with 2 rounds less capacity, hmm.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
But doesn’t make more sense to have a gun with a shorter grip with an extended mag. This way you can choose between concealment and capacity by simply just changing the mag from flush to extended.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
More shields, yawn. I bet Apex Tactical is happy. Wink

In the meantime, we can't keep the G43X or G49 in stock. The G45 sells well too. Only gun selling faster, in our shop, is the P365.

M&Ps and shields? We can't give them away. But PSA is. Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I'll take the gun with the stainless steel slide, metal sights, and correct grip angle with a better price please.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I'd complain about something but I think I'm just going to realize it's time I rent an M&P on my next range visit.
It's a good time to be a gun owner and have such variety to suit my likes.

Posts: 7350 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gaspipes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:

In the meantime, we can't keep the G43X or G49 in stock. The G45 sells well too. Only gun selling faster, in our shop, is the P365.

M&Ps and shields? We can't give them away. But PSA is. Smile Regards 18DAI

Yep same here, major retailer.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1345 | Registered: October 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
what's a mullet gun?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:

I really don't get this. Apex makes an equal amount of Glock stuff, and is about to go hot on quite a bit of G48 specific stuff.

And they make FN stuff. And they make CZ stuff. And so on.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:

I really don't get this. Apex makes an equal amount of Glock stuff, and is about to go hot on quite a bit of G48 specific stuff.

And they make FN stuff. And they make CZ stuff. And so on.

I would bet large that APEX is known for S&W components rather than the few late to the party Glock components.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
what's a mullet gun?

Never heard of a Mullet Gun before today, must have something to do with Fish.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
I would bet large that APEX is known for S&W components rather than the few late to the party Glock components.
Agreed.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
what's a mullet gun?

The longer grip on a short slide gun kinda looks long in back, like a mullet.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
All business (ie short barrel) in the front, but a party (long grip) in the back. Derived from the hair cut.

quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:
what's a mullet gun?

Never heard of a Mullet Gun before today, must have something to do with Fish.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is what I was inferring, that Apex gives current production s&w products everything the factory couldn't be bothered to. Triggers, accurate barrels, ect. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post