SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ed Brown magazine exchange program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ed Brown magazine exchange program Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted
This almost looks too good to be true.

Magazine for magazine, for $10.00.

I think I will exchange some .38 Super mags.

Has anyone used this program yet.

Limit of 10 and $14.95 shipping.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

Anyone have any experience with these Ed Brown magazines?

I have some older Wilson 47 and Checkmate magazines that I'd consider swapping.

Posts: 32547 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I believe current production ED Brown magazines are made by checkmate.

And old Executive Carry I had came with Metalform but that was some time ago.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6339 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of largebore1
posted Hide Post
I don't have any experience with the magazine exchange program but I have an Evo 9mm and a Kobra Carry.They both came with 2 magazines each.The guns are high quality but I was a little disappointed with the magazines. Especially the 9mm they have 3 punch mark indentations evenly spaced from top to bottom at back of magazine.The 45 magazines don't have those indentations look better but do have that sharp edge.They work fine I've had no problems with them except the sharp back bottom corner digs into the palm of your hand loading the last few rounds into it. I've got about a thousand rounds thru both guns and thought the magazine spring would soften up a little bit and alleviate the edge digging into my palm. With the Kobra Carry I also use my wilson combat and colt magazines but the Evo I only have the magazines that came with it. I need to see if wilson combat make magazines for the Evo.

THERE'S NO EXHILARATION LIKE ACCELERATION

Posts: 41 | Location: South | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I traded 5 ancient USGI mags for some 9MM compact mags for my Dan Wesson Valkyrie. The Ed Brown mags work without issue in my gun.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took advantage of the Ed Brown Mag Exchange twice. Sent my Wilson's 47D's in. They sent me shiny new 7 rounder power mags back. They worked perfectly. Unlike the Wilsons. Gathered up the rest of my old mags and sent them in. Happy camper with the Ed Brown Power Mags !

Posts: 113 | Registered: April 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. I didn't think too seriously about it until I saw they offered Officers Model mags. I have some turds and mystery mags for that one for sure.

Then I started to think about the full sized turds and mystery mags I have. lol

Posts: 21121 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used the program to swap out some random 45 ACP mags I had laying around a few months ago.

Got 6 new black nitride ones back. They are a little more than the stainless ones but still about half off of new.

I've had great experiences with Ed Brown now even when buying used and no issues with my Ed Brown mags so will would definitely use this program again in the future.

Posts: 340 | Location: Twin Cities MN | Registered: April 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I did this a handful of years back and need to do it again - Ed Brown mags have performed 100% with the ones I've used.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used this service successfully and will do it again

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post