SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's your favorite Semi Auto Pistol around $1K- $2K?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your favorite Semi Auto Pistol around $1K- $2K? Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Thinking of a new purchase. What's your favorite Semi Auto non Polymer frame gun for around $1K?

Target price in the $1K - $2K range. If slightly outside range I'd still like to hear about it. Thinking of treating myself to a new gun in the next few months. Definitely something in 9mm.

(Not really interested in 1911 as I built a Steel frame 45ACP I'm pretty happy with.)

Bonus points if you can tell me why it's your favorite pistol in that price range.

Edit to update price range. $1K - $2K.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: myrottiety,

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
A classic folded slide P228, P226, or the Mk25, or the CZ Shadow 2 (DA/SA or SAO), or any of the Beretta 92s with trigger job from LTT, would fit the bill. They are all great guns and within your budget.

Q

Posts: 26423 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Used, S&W Performance Center 945. For $1k - $1200 price it will likely have no box....or extra mags. Smile

And I am searching and saving fo one after having shot two examples belonging to customers. May be the most accurate 45 pistols I have ever shot. I can't wait to own one! Smile Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry. I paid $995 for it. Excellent shooter with great features and looks cool, too.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Funny thing about "favorite pistol": It seems to change

You wrote you're "not really interested" in another 1911, but it doesn't sound like you're counting one out entirely, so I'm going to say my Springfield EMP in 9mm. I just love this little 1911 and no mistake.

It's about the same dimensions as my Walther PPS M2 and only a little heavier, which means it'll carry about the same. Has a nice trigger. (A bit heavy, but it breaks cleanly.) It's got a nice set of night sights. The fit and finish are flawless. Feels really good in the hand. It ran its first 200 rounds (Blazer brass and WWB) without a single hiccup. Plus it's a really sharp-looking pistol, IMO.

My thread on the pistol: Springfield 1911 EMP 9mm Owners: Your Thoughts, Please? Update: Snagged One!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steyr GB. 9mm. Big, very soft shooter, accurate and a pain in the ass to clean. (gas brake ports)

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
226 Legion. All day.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm (First choice)
In no special order
Hk Usp Tactical.
BNT MKII with Trigger spring and main spring kit
P226 SAO
P225
CZ TSO
USP 9
Browning Hi-power
Iwi 941f
LTT 92c

Dollar for dollar, and I spent a whole 250 bucks for it, and no I am not joking
Ruger p85MII. The trigger is smooth if long and shoots as accurately as anything else I can shoot.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
P210 target.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
9mm EMP Contour Carry

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
228 it is for me.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34124 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Shadow 2 in the middle of covid crazy for 1203. So 3 bucks out of your range. Lol. It’s become my go to gun for any match. It’s fantastic. I love my LTT’s but I shoot my CZ’s better.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
92 Elite LTT. At least that's the next pistol I plan to purchase in that price range.

I'd also say a 226 Legion SAO, but already have one of those. Really like that gun.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Figure out what fits your hand best and points naturally. Anything from Beretta, CZ or Sig in that price range are fine pistols but LOTS of different models and shapes and sizes. I love my Beretta's but I should my lowly $500 CZ P01 better than anything else.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 Combat or MK25

Posts: 568 | Location: Beaumont TX | Registered: March 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of backlash
posted Hide Post
I will not purchase another gun of any type until I save the money to get the CZ Shadow 2 Orange. I know it's way out of the price range but when you're in love money doesn't matter. May have to sell my truck.

Bonus: Because it's Orange, it's beautiful, and it's design and accuracy are the same as my P210 which most people overlook.

PS: Maybe I should get some orange grips for my P210 and keep my truck.

Posts: 18 | Location: Statesville NC | Registered: August 09, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of raulakario
posted Hide Post
My sig P320 x5 Legion.

Posts: 8 | Location: no | Registered: September 16, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by backlash:
I will not purchase another gun of any type until I save the money to get the CZ Shadow 2 Orange. I know it's way out of the price range but when you're in love money doesn't matter.

I've got a 320 X-Carry with a Romeo I never shoot. I could easily justify using it to help cover the price gap on the CZ TSO.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P226 Legion SAO - great ergonomics and slightly over 3 pound factory trigger.

Posts: 140 | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
My Shadow Systems MR918

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post