SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365X Co Wit Irons w/ DOT help please?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365X Co Wit Irons w/ DOT help please? Login/Join 
posted
Have a Live Free cut slide for my P365X. Going to install shortly. Also mounting a Holosun 507 Dot sight. Saw a few threads about Co-witness #8 sights.

Two consistent recommendations were the XS F8 sights, and the Trijicon HD and XD Night sights. The built in Holosun Optic rear sight notch is useless to my eyes that are not as great as they use to be.

I'm looking For: a fast pick up at 5ft - 20ft, no longer. Just in case the Optic fails me at that moment, sights that Co- witnesses thru the 507 glass. I already know all the drills about prioritizing the front sight pick up. Been shooting for a very long time and very decent skilled at no sight quick point shoot, placing shots on target. But.... would just feel more confident with the Co-Wit sights also.

Being that there have been more experience now than 1-2 years ago, on these sights. Can those that have, please help me choose sights that would work well, with eyes that are not as good as they use to be please. Any info, experience and suggestions would be appreciate saying on the exact topic. Thanks!

Posts: 6 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not co-witness. Lower 1/3rd co witness would give you a better sight picture when using the dot. In an emergency, the lower 1/3rd would be more than adequate.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I've got red dots on 7 different guns.

I co-witness on all but 2 which are .22LR target guns.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have trouble seeing the front sight on the 365.
Part of the reason I got a Hellcat SMSC and why I started with red dots on pistols. When lighting is dim, the front sight on the Sig disappears. I prefer co-witness but that is me.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We need to be clear about what "co-witness" means when we say it. I think a lot of people interpret the term to mean iron sights that centering the optic window (what rifle folks might call "absolute co-witness") when others are just talking about sights that are tall enough to see (to any degree) through the window.

There is also some conflation between co-witnessing and slaving of the two sight systems (where one is dialed to match the other).

You see very few, if any absolute co-witness sight setups for pistols and far more that vary from lower 1/3 to just barely visible in the window.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to a store and compared 3 different popular sights to the Sig Xray 3's. Actually the Sig's are not so bad at all. I actually saw better with them than the others. I know they get a bad rap but my eyes comparing, saw them better.

So I just went ahead and ordered the Suppressor height ones to install. I also think the Sigs would be more accurate than most others finite wise. The other sights I like I use on my other P365 are the Speed Sights. I also like the non reflective cuts on the Xray 3's back sight.

The other sight I researched was good for the height was the Night Fusion, but they did not have them for me to compare side to side.

Again this is almost like getting a eye test for different humans. You get what you get based on ones own eyes.

Posts: 6 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post