SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 210A
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 210A Login/Join 
posted
I have seen two Sig 210A pistols drop a round when a round is chambered and a loaded magazine is removed. What causes this?

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you mean you have seen the pistol discharge the round?

This would be the first I’ve ever heard of this on an older pistol design…

Do you routinely drop p210s or just for fun?

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe the friction of the bottom of the slide moving over the top round causes the round to move forward slightly. When the magazine is removed, the tip of the round catches on the feed ramp and gets stripped from the magazine.

Posts: 177 | Registered: May 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bonanacroin:
I believe the friction of the bottom of the slide moving over the top round causes the round to move forward slightly. When the magazine is removed, the tip of the round catches on the feed ramp and gets stripped from the magazine.

Exactly.... Mine does this and it's annoying as hell to clear the gun after a Match Stage and a round falls out.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the informed, intelligent responses. I was about to buy a 210 A Target and
this issue surfaced.

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This response is bizarre.

quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
Do you mean you have seen the pistol discharge the round?

This would be the first I’ve ever heard of this on an older pistol design…

Do you routinely drop p210s or just for fun?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ihbwotrr:
Also bizarre is you coming back to that comment nearly two weeks later. Clearly, leonidas misunderstood your question and I am certain that he knows this now, so let's just be cool, shall we?

Posts: 107500 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Also bizarre is you coming back to that comment nearly two weeks later. Clearly, leonidas misunderstood your question and I am certain that he knows this now, so let's just be cool, shall we?

Indeed. My apologies.

Lack of sleep and read to quickly.

Hope it’s resolved.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leonidas211,

Thank you for your response. I understand.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

posted Hide Post
Back to Sig 210A!

I watched a newcomer to YouTube who is a retired law enforcement guy and firearms instructor because he addressed the issue about the stripped cartridge falling out of an Sig 210 Carry. It happened during administrative reloads but no problems during tactical reloads.

In Sig Snob Episode #20, he suggested that cartridge length is contributing factor and suggested viewers test with shorter hollow point defensive loads. He had been using 115 Ball when problems first occurred.

I loaded Sig 210A with a magazine full of Federal LE 147 JHP cartridges (preferred defensive 9mm). I chambered round, removed loaded magazine, and there was no problem. Repeated exercise with second magazine and no problem.

posted Hide Post
It would be bothersome in competition with ball ammunition. However,I wanted to know if problem could be eliminated for possible defensive purposes.