SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    LW Dusk 19???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LW Dusk 19??? Login/Join 
posted
I'm contemplating purchasing one as my do it all handgun, the Dusk 19 R is intriguing as research indicates that is a flat, soft shooter.

https://www.rainierarms.com/ra...pensated-9mm-pistol/

Question:
What should I get?

Choices:
LW Dusk 19
LW Dusk 19 R

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
How about buying THIS ONE, instead? Lol.

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
How about buying THIS ONE, instead? Lol.

Roll Eyes

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know much about the reliability of Lone Wolf's Glock clones, but plenty has been said about their Glock aftermarket barrels, and quite a lot of that past chatter hasn't always been the most kind. I've had decent results with the few that I've owned (barrels), but a couple haven't been the most consistent with regards to accuracy.

Other that adding a subjective judgment of the LW's appearance--it spot-on captures the Polymer80 slap-together vibe, which in my mind isn't a great thing to achieve--where I'm not feeling it as a worthy gun for the 7 Benjamins that Rainier Arms is asking. Yes, totally judgmental and not based on solid experience or knowledge. But fugly is fugly, and that thing is in my humble opinion F-U-G-L-Y. I'd rather spend hard-earned cash on a MR920 from the more proven Shadow Systems if actual Glocks weren't my thing. But fortunately that's an issue I don't have to fret about. The Real Deal guns work just fine for me.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Uh oh. You didn't answer his question. Here comes another eyeroll. Razz

Q

Posts: 26404 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From what I can tell, the only difference between the two is the comp, but the comp model forces you to give up some sight radius as a result. I wouldn’t mind, but I’m not a comp guy anyway, so my vote is for the regular one.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 339 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I vote regular because I'm not sure about CCWing a gun with that large of a comp, and that port is a bit larger than most other ported guns.

quote:
But fugly is fugly, and that thing is in my humble opinion F-U-G-L-Y.

All Glocks are F-U-G-L-Y. Might as well get one that took a class in ergonomics.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by venenoindy:
What should I get?

Myself, I would look at the Shadow Systems line up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post