SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    320 in 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 in 45 Login/Join 
posted
Hello everyone, I have many 99mm and 45cap handguns and have been carrying my Sig 320 in 9mm, recently I saw some 320 45acp LEO trade in and was thinking of getting one. They have both compact and fullsize, any thoughts on this one? I usually carry a Kimber pro cdp or Sig 320, 239 or 228. Please any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cazio

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like they would be fun.

Just about everything else is a 9mm anyway.

Posts: 9169 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Currently carrying a 320 .45 Compact with manual safety. I put a flat trigger in it. Carrys and shoots like a 1911.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16121 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I waited to long and they are both sold out. I snooze I lose, I'll keep looking.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
Bummer you missed out. I own a full and a compact size P320 45, they both shoot equally well. Not a noticeable difference in recoil or accuracy in my experience. Compact mags only hold 9 rounds flush, but you can use the full size mags and it will extend past the magwell. They did make a carry sized grip that can fit 10 round magazines if you can trace one down, or you can do surgery and cut the front end down on a full size frame to fit the compact slide and get 10 round capacity that way.

For CCW I would definitely opt for the compact version. I use the full version as my home defense handgun.

The only downside is there is no aftermarket support for this model. The old school P320 Gen 1 factory grips are the only option. It's a fine grip, but it would be nice to have more options.

FYI there appears to be a ton of them available on the most popular gun auction site right now.

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
My EDC is a compact 45 320 with no safety (one of the original 320 45's to come out.)

I carry it in a Don Hume IWB black leather holster loaded with Winchester SXT's and it carries great and feels very comfortable.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post