SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P229 Equinox Experts - Some Help Please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Equinox Experts - Some Help Please Login/Join 
posted
Was the P229 Equinox ever produced in 9mm? I recently became interested in this model (It's just so damn purdy!) but the only ones I see offered for sale are in .40 S&W. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 468 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yes. Scarce, compared to the more common .40. That's all I know. Not expert.

Q

Posts: 26495 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
There was a brief run off a 9mm Equinox Elite that had the extended beavertail and other elite bells and whistles. Those are EXTREMELY hard to find.

Posts: 3678 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can speak to this. There were less than 100 equinox elites. It has an extended beaver tail and a serrations in the slide. They also made at the same time a equinox with a slick slide both in 9mm I can send you a pick of it I changed grips and added a threaded barrel. I also have one in the p226 model.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I really liked the Equinox look. But both of my P229s are chambered for 357SIG

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5181 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well if you want it cuz it’s pretty it probably means you’re not looking to carry it. So I would suggest getting a .40 and a Bar-Sto conversion barrel. Personally I wouldn’t run it that way for a defensive pistol, but I’d have no issue doing it for a range gun.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1861 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
Well if you want it cuz it’s pretty it probably means you’re not looking to carry it.

That is absolutely untrue, at least for me.

I prefer things that look nice. I think most people do

I could wear an ugly watch because it tells time just as good as the pretty watch that I do wear

I could carry an ugly knife because it cuts just as good as a pretty one.

I could drive an ugly car, because it will get me to the same place that my pretty car does

I could carry an ugly gun because it fires the same bullets as the pretty one in my holster

Yes, I want them all "cuz" there pretty, but that has nothing to do with If I will carry them or not

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5181 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TO ALL - Thank you for the information. Yes - I would carry it (probably on Sundays or when I'm dressed up). I really liked the looks of the nickel accents and the wood grips. An SRT would be the first addition. The 9mm drop-in barrel would be a feasible solution.
Such information and advice is the main reason I'm on this forum every day!

Posts: 468 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post