SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock striker spring spinning.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock striker spring spinning. Login/Join 
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted
100% OEM parts. It seems no matter where I orient the end of the spring in relation to the spring cups, the end of the coil tend to end up right at the split between the cups after some use.
I install them with the coil end 90 degrees to the split, but they slowly rotate in the direction of the coil end until they fall into the split.

I don't see this happen with Wolff springs since the coils are cut straight across and seem to grab onto the spring cups, preventing them from spinning.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There should be a double coiled end that is meant to be the spring cup end of the assembly. If the striker spring spins on any of mine, when properly assembled, I don't know, care, or understand how it will affect reliability. If you do not have a double coiled end on your spring, it's either broken or not factory.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I Didn't know that !

I learn something new everyday.....if I'm lucky !!

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post