SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Milling a MK25 slide for an RMR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Milling a MK25 slide for an RMR Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted
I recently purchased one of the MK25 slides on sale from Osage County Guns with the intention to have it milled for an RMR red dot sight. Can anyone offer suggestions as to a reputable company to mill the slide? Would it be best to leave the freshly milled area unfinished or is there an option that doesn’t require a complete refinish of the slide? I would also like a plate to cover the area if the RMR is not installed. I am in no real rush to get the work done so not really concerned about lead times. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Posts: 2952 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
Parker Mountain Machine milled my (long extractor) P229. I had them cerakote the slide and they also offer a cover plate for an extra cost. I didn't want to leave the cut unfinished and cerakote is fine for my use. If I recall correctly, it took about 8 weeks.

Posts: 4078 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering the cost for milling and then our
MK25 slide will be milled forever..... you can buy a P226 Pro cut slide at Sig that is optic ready.
This may be not only a better option but likely
a savings option.
I have a MK25 too and not going to change it as
then it will no longer be exactly what the Seals
carried
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I already have a second MK25 complete upper along with a threaded Phosphate/chrome lined barrel, I’m not worried about not having my MK25 look authentic. I have no connection to the Navy or SEALs other than having a tremendous amount of respect for both. I bought the gun because I got a good deal and liked the features. I’m pretty sure I’m going to use PMM to do the milling but I do not want to have the slide refinished. Is it better to leave it unfinished or just cold blue the area under the RMR? Any other suggestions are welcome.

Posts: 2952 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most services these days seem to have an option to just finish the milled area rather than having to refinish the entire slide. Just my view but I would not leave it as unfinished steel.

Posts: 351 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
I bought that slide with the same intent and when I contacted CHWPS, they said they couldn't do it because of the weight cutout inside the slide and that they can only do slides without the cut. I emailed pictures and they replied those MK25s can't be cut for an RMR.

Anyone have input on this?

Posts: 822 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
You used to able to get them with a Romeo 1.
https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...ducts2.cfm/ID/210647

Posts: 1477 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post