SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Promag P365 12 rounder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promag P365 12 rounder Login/Join 
posted
Anybody here has experience with these promags for the P365? you can save a lot of money but, do they work?
Thanks in advance

Posts: 119 | Location: Delaware | Registered: September 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
PROMAG doesn't have a good reputation. Maybe for the range if you want to practice malfunction drills. Otherwise, I'd stick with SIG factory magazines for carry.

But if money is an issue...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pro Mag is shit. Don’t waste your time or money, just get the sig mags

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm not one to quickly trash a product or a reputation, but...

Several years ago I was having problems with my pistol at an OpSpec Training class. Bruce Gray took a look at one particular magazine in my pile, asked, "May I?" and spun around at a 180, tossing that mag in the trash. With a great big grin he said, "Friends don't let friends run Pro Mag." Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13507 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
I've ran with theory my whole life:

If one of my carry weapons malfunctions, I loose faith in it. I run quality ammo, quality mags and keep my weapons clean and in good shape. If I have a weapon malfunction, using the above, I take it out of the carry rotation. Figure out what the issue is, and run no less than 500 rounds through it with 100 being my carry ammo. If it fails once during this, it's gone.

That may be overkill, but it's worked for me all my life. I have 5 carry weapons, some with a 5000 round mark with zero malfunctions.

My theory is, why buy or run a shit mag and risk your carry weapon malfunctioning?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friends don't let friends buy ProMag anything, except for the 10/22 Archangel stocks-they are solid.

Seriously, ProMag has the worst reputation of almost any product in the gun world. I adhere to the old adage, "It is better to buy once and cry once". If you buy a ProMag magazine it will not run right, you will try to sell it, (if you even can and it will be for a great loss)and you will probably be stuck with it. I know because I bought one once, before I knew any better.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
PROMAG doesn't have a good reputation. Maybe for the range if you want to practice malfunction drills...

Truer words have never been spoken. Pro mag is hit or miss. Pun intended.

When I was younger and didn’t know better (pre-internet) I bought some of their AR mags. Ended up throwing 3 or 4 of them in the trash after trying to tweak them to get them to run right.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3973 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Come on, Promag has a great reputation and their mags function very well - as long as you're using them as a doorstop.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16525 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, that settles it, no promag for me, I'll buy 1 only instead of 2.
Thanks everyone for their input.

Posts: 119 | Location: Delaware | Registered: September 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If one comes upon a ProMag, it is your duty as an American, to promptly toss it into the recycle bin.
And hopefully the Recycle Police don't catch you.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:

If one of my carry weapons malfunctions, I loose faith in it. I run quality ammo, quality mags and keep my weapons clean and in good shape. If I have a weapon malfunction, using the above, I take it out of the carry rotation. Figure out what the issue is, and run no less than 500 rounds through it with 100 being my carry ammo. If it fails once during this, it's gone.

That may be overkill, but it's worked for me all my life. I have 5 carry weapons, some with a 5000 round mark with zero malfunctions.

My theory is, why buy or run a shit mag and risk your carry weapon malfunctioning?

This is pretty extreme. Every shooting class I have ever attended runs malfunction drills. One malfunction in 500 rounds is a .2% malfunction rate.

Posts: 3296 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
ProMag provides a very real and valuable product. They offer a WIDE variety of malfunction training devices that will ingrain the skills necessary to clear any kind of malfunction imaginable. They do all this at very affordable prices. Wink

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7686 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:

This is pretty extreme. Every shooting class I have ever attended runs malfunction drills. One malfunction in 500 rounds is a .2% malfunction rate.

Malfunction drills are not the same as knowingly putting a shit mag in your weapon and having a malfunction occur

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it comes to aftermarket magazines I look for the three magic words; Made in Italy.

Posts: 89 | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Railbender:
When it comes to aftermarket magazines I look for the three magic words; Made in Italy.

But Sig Sauer P365 12 round mags are made in the USA. Smile

Posts: 1353 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Didn't Pronag make SIG's OEM mags for a while?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

No way.

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

Ha ha ha.

Q

Posts: 26426 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
That was Checkmate IIRC

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Oh, okay, I may have mixed them up with Promag.

quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
That was Checkmate IIRC

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post