SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    AIWB light bearing holster suggestions for SIG P229 Legion SAO?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AIWB light bearing holster suggestions for SIG P229 Legion SAO? Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking for a light bearing holster for my new P229 Legion SAO. I prefer mini lights like the OLIGHT PL MINI, OLIGHT PL MINI 2 and Surefire XC1b.

I have several holsters that do not accommodate the light, including a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 and an Avenger style holster. I do have a PHLster Floodlight, but it's a bit big and doesn't carry all that well for this gun.

I have looked at a huge list of makers and found only a few. Not even JM Custom Kydex offers a light bearing holster, though they do have an AIWB 2.5 for the P226 Legion (so I could cut it down).

What do you suggest?

Posts: 39 | Registered: February 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Try Ares.

https://www.arestactical.net/

"This style is also called an appendix carry holster. The minimal width of the wrap around construction lends itself to placing almost anywhere on the belt. The appendix carry refers to placing the holster forward of the hip bone or the 2 o’clock position for a right-handed shooter. It is equally well suited 3, 4, or 5 o’clock carry depending on your preference. This is a IWB Kydex Holster you can wear all day and love the comfort and security it offers."

I drilled down pretty close to what you want, but if its not there, they do custom projects.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Figured if they made one for my legacy slide, your Legion would be covered. I was right.

https://legacyfirearmsco.com/light-bearing-ares-iwb/

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post