SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I'm confused. Need P365 info
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm confused. Need P365 info Login/Join 
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I still can't get my head around carrying a pistol with an optic on it.

You aren't the only one. I recently put one on my P322 and I've actually enjoyed it but put one on my EDC? No thanks.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:
I still can't get my head around carrying a pistol with an optic on it.

You aren't the only one. I recently put one on my P322 and I've actually enjoyed it but put one on my EDC? No thanks.

Why? Is it the extra bulk? Difficulty finding holsters?

Posts: 13117 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why? Is it the extra bulk? Difficulty finding holsters?

Because I've trained without one for the past 30 years and frankly I don't find any advantage to one on a defensive pistol. People say, oh you are quicker with one, oh you are more accurate, well I've invested over 2K round of 9mm in training with one on my P365XL and I found those statements to be untrue (for me). Now maybe someday I'll have an issue visualizing iron sights but I'm not at that point yet. Folks with vision issues, I can 100% understand why they would want one.

Also yes, I'm not interested in the extra bulk or having to deal with it on my gun should it have a mechanical failure in a real world defensive situation.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Kev,

You make big SGT money. Buy all of them, shoot a box out of each, keep one and karma the rest.

I'd like to be #1 for that karma. Big Grin

HA HA HA HA. Good one. Ironically, I fell into a weird place on the pay scale that had probably never been discovered before.

My net raise for my promotion last year? $0.00.

I got a raise for my promotion, but lost my education pay, which turned out to be a complete wash.

They rectified it this year as we now get education pay for our degrees if we have one, but for all of last year, I was the guy who got totally screwed by being promoted.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Kevin, reach out in case you want to shoot my P365. I have the original version thereof.

Totally. I will take you up on this.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:
My take:

If you’re looking to pocket carry, go with the original. I carry the original P365 in a Versacarry. I have a DeSantis Nemesis for it, but I didn’t like the softness to it.

If you’re looking to belt carry, get a proper double stack pistol. For me, that’s currently a P320 Carry (17+1 rounds).

If you have tiny little hands that can’t hold a double stack, I don’t know what to tell you, call the Detroit Lions, maybe you can take Goff’s place.

Well, I prefer to belt carry, IWB. But, I like the smaller guns for off duty/plain clothes as the slimmer/smaller guns hide better.

I'm not a large man. 5'10 and about 190lbs to 200 lbs. The Shield is invisible on me, and the Glock 27 is invisible in all but the lightest of summer clothes (and even then 99 percent of the people wouldn't see it) In the fall, winter and early spring, the G27 is perfect.

I CAN conceal a Glock 19 in winter easily, but honestly changing guns all the time, and having to qual on them is annoying.

My hand size is fine, as on duty carry is a 229R DA/SA with Hogue finger grips. I can perform surgery with that gun, so the grip size isn't an issue. I just can't HIDE that gun off duty.

So kinda searching for a one size fits all solution.

THe Shield fits and wear very well, problem is i'm just not nearly as good with it as I am with my Glock 19 or 27, and the is a huge difference between 7+1 of 9mm and 10+1 of .40 or 15+1 of 9mm.

The 365 seems like it might still conceal as well, give a few more rounds AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I might shoot it better.

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I like many others have a regular P365 with the larger XL grip. I did this before the P365X was available from Sig. When Wilson came out with their 365 grip module I ordered one and have not looked back. It has just a little bit of palm swell to better fill out my hand.

The original P365 was a game changer for me size/capacity wise. I too prefer to carry IWB and the thing just disappeared. When the XL frame was released I tried one to see if it changed anything for me. It was fractionally harder to conceal, not a big deal when IWB is concerned. Shootability for me was exponentially better. Easier to get a better grip, faster splits, more accurate hits, and easier to reload. Even in the winter it’s hard for me to reach for my Glock 19 over my 365 configuration.

Finally, my instructor from Paducah made a comment that you should carry the smallest gun you shoot the best. It wasn’t until I added the larger frame that I was honestly able to make that my 365. The Wilson module only made that better.

Posts: 2960 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to add to your dilemma but I just picked up the 365 Macro. It’s smaller in most dimensions than a G19, definitely slimmer, and holds 17+1. With a good holster it is easier to conceal than a G19 with a higher capacity and I think it feels better in my hand.

The good news is if you prefer the smaller versions it just would take a 40 dollar grip module and the smaller original mag.

The Macro is kind of a steal. 800 bucks gets you the bigger grip module with exchangeable back straps, bigger mags, and a comped slide. Any of those you wouldn’t have trouble selling today on the exchange if you didn’t like certain components. The 365 is the first gun that to my mind has taken full advantage of modularity.

My money says buy the Macro and adjust from there if necessary.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
THe Shield fits and wear very well, problem is i'm just not nearly as good with it as I am with my Glock 19 or 27, and the is a huge difference between 7+1 of 9mm and 10+1 of .40 or 15+1 of 9mm.

The 365 seems like it might still conceal as well, give a few more rounds AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I might shoot it better.

I highly recommend trying out one or more P365 variant as well as the Shield Plus. If you're still on the fence about those, then have you considered Glock 43X/48? That would logically be the smoothest transition given your satisfaction w/ your G19 & 27.

I know some shooters still don't trust the Shield Arms S15 mags. If you don't, there's the Shadow Systems CR920 as an alternative.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Another option if you own an original Shield is the Apex trigger that you can install yourself. Greatly improves the trigger.
Of course I'm in CA; if I could I would buy a 365 of some variety.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have a plain 365X (short slide, long grip) with night sites.

It's flawless.

I mean better than my Glock 43X flawless. Smokes the Glock flawless. SMALLER with HIGHER capacity flawless. Yes, you can get a 15 round mag adapter for the Glock, but there's a reason the factory engineers things a certain way and I don't bet my life on aftermarket.

My opinion of sticking an RDS on a slide is wow, with all that extra weight, you have excellent dead battery storage in it simultaneously when your life depends on it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
I have the original P365, unmodified.

It is more often than not, the gun I take for fun trips to the range. Not just a concealed-carry beastie, it's accurate and enjoyable to shoot.

The later versions have to do with tweaking things that I didn't need tweaked, so can't speak to them, but they are doubtless also fine guns. Don't want safeties, don't want a bigger concealed carry weapon, had no issues with the original sights, and didn't have issues snagging the original on the draw, and don't need a longer sight radius as this thing is already more accurate than I am.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I have the original plane-jane P365. It's small enough to comfortably pocket carry and has great capacity.

The surprise for me though is just how good it shoots. It's a tiny gun and I have pretty decent size (large/ xl glove) hands, but I shoot it better than any other gun I own. I love my classic Sigs, but I shoot the P365 better. I don't buy many guns these days, but I'll probably pick up a couple more P365s just because they're so good.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I started out with an early model P365, but as I got into optical sights longed for the ability to put a green dot Holosun on it. A little over a year ago, Sig offered the "X" version slide and their Romeo Zero (red dot) optic at a good price and I jumped on it. I sold the Sig optic to a friend at a good price and installed my favored (Holosun) green dot. All seemed good, until I saw that Wilson Combat was offering a very well designed grip frame at a reasonable price. I bought one of these and there's definitely an improvement with the palm swell feature.

I carry this pistol now almost exclusively, with a ten round magazine and an NDZ floor plate that proves just enough extension for my XXL hand. A 12 round magazine is carried on the offside and my P365 rides IWB in a Milt Sparks Summer Special II holster.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post