SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther PPK coming back?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther PPK coming back? Login/Join 
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted
It looks like Walther is reintroducing the PPK and PPK/S in 380 this year.

Any idea where it is being manufactured and by whom?

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is the first I've heard of it, but I can tell you right now- you will be disappointed with what they offer up.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107497 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can it be worse than Smith & Wesson's attempt?

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I own one of those S&W "attempts". It has a few more sharp edges than it should, but it's a damn fine pistol. I'm glad to see Walther bringing them back, hopefully (maybe) Ranger Manufacturing in Alabama (IIRC) will be making them. Pretty sure Ranger made my blued TPH and it is very-well fitted and finished ...

Posts: 426 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: September 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
Back in the day, I had an exceptional Interarms PPK/S. That thing just ran and ran.

Posts: 329 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just read about the re-introduction in the newspaper this weekend. The plant is located in Ft. Smith Arkansas and is a Walther operation. They are no longer affiliated with S&W per the article.

Posts: 19 | Registered: January 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Walther's website has as Goldstar225 stated, a page on their Ft. Smith PPK and PPK/S.

Use to have a German PPK/s ... wish I still did. Lot better 380's out there ... but not as classy.

https://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/ppk/ppk/#

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The improved Walther PPK has been back for quite some time now.

It just goes by the name Bersa Thunder 380 now...

Posts: 33768 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the feel and design of the PPK/s. Owned several, both in 7.62 and .380. The experience was very consistent:
Bang. Bang. Jam.
I will try again if someone can make one that works.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I want one as well as an Aston Martin DB-5.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the older Inter Arms 380 and it seemed to only run good on FMJ.

Posts: 936 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Didn't they announce this at SHOT back in '16 or so? I remember LDD mentioning it and I kept my eyes open and never saw any 380 models show up. Just 22's. They were suppose to start manufacturing them in Arkansas or something.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gary1911A1
posted Hide Post
Hope they make the PPK in 7.62 (.32ACP) in blue.

Posts: 527 | Location: Southern Ohio for now. | Registered: December 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope it does well.

Walther reintroduces the PPK. Colt reintroduces the King Cobra. Sig Sauer discontinued the P232 and P239.

Posts: 6621 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
As I've said before, the only thing the PPK has going for it is the Bond movies.... I own one and have never been overly impressed... the truth is I had two much money a number of years ago when I went to a gun show and I bought both a PPK and a Sig P230. I had done some research and could not decide between the two and ended up buying both. There is really no comparison between the two.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
I have one from the early 70's. Never had a problem with it. FMJ's or HP's worked without failure.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The time for the PPK is long past. Truthfully they are not that good IMHO.

Sign P238 is much better.

YMMV

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've never been a PPK fan even though I've owned several of them. I'll definitely pass if it's only offered in .380 ACP. There are better shooting .380 range guns and plenty of small, light .380 pocket guns on the market now. Some of the older ones have value to collectors. I can't see what a new production PPK would offer.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gary1911A1:
Hope they make the PPK in 7.62 (.32ACP) in blue.

I'd be in for one of these. Walther and Manurhin seem to do pretty well.

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
As I've said before, the only thing the PPK has going for it is the Bond movies...

Agreed. Had Bond just have kept "that damned Beretta", the Walther PPK would be as obscure today as the Mauser HSc or Sauer 38H. That being said, most of the negative reputation associated with the PPK/PPKs was earned not through experience with German (French) pistols, but rather pistols produced in the US by Ranger Mfg. While beautifully finished, inconsistent reliability between pistols plagued the US Ranger/Interarms models from the beginning. I have no reason to believe a newly manufactured PPK will possess the level of quality or reliability present in a pre-'68 pistol. Modern production methods simply can't produce the same level of craftsmanship at a price agreeable to most consumers.

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post