SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Apex triggers Sig 320
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apex triggers Sig 320 Login/Join 
posted
I have been thinking about ordering an Apex trigger which I read will reduce the trigger pull of the Sig 320 by two pounds. My Sig compact has a thumb safety. Will this thumb safety cause a problem? Advice from anyone who has used this trigger kit would be very much appreciated.

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Viking:
I have been thinking about ordering an Apex trigger which I read will reduce the trigger pull of the Sig 320 by two pounds. My Sig compact has a thumb safety. Will this thumb safety cause a problem? Advice from anyone who has used this trigger kit would be very much appreciated.

Before going "all in" with the Apex trigger I recommend you look at all options.

OEM triggers from smallgunparts.com
Keres trigger
ArmoryCraft trigger
Gray Guns trigger

Sig Sauer Guy trigger comparison videos below.
Definitely worth a look.

Apex vs. Gray Guns vs. Keres
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...XEw&feature=emb_logo

Armory Craft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqiBbflNSz0

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DirectDrive,

Posts: 434 | Registered: November 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALLEGRO1957
posted Hide Post
I put a flat Apex trigger in my P320cRX and love the change. Mine does not have a manual safety so I cannot speak to that, but the expense vs the change was a good move for me.

Be a productive citizen but always be prepared

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Gray Guns flat trigger in my manual safety P320 .45 Compact.
Great trigger and no change in the safety operation.
No idea about the Apex.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16106 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a manual safety on any of my P320's, though the apex trigger shouldn't be impacted by one.

I like the apex trigger; get it with their trigger bar as the kit, if you do. The flat trigger is better than the curved.

I also have the factory flat trigger in several P320's, and several different Gray Guns triggers, including three with the competition trigger kit.

My personal preference is the Grayguns triggers, which I have in full size, compact, subcompact, and P365's. Their latest offering with adjustable overtravel, I particularly like. They offer a "hybrid" between a curved and flat trigger; I'd have preferred the flat trigger. I'm running their competition hybrid trigger in a P320F presently for steel and local matches.

By the time you invest in the trigger bar and trigger and kit from apex, it's not much difference for the Grayguns. Their basic flat trigger isn't a lot different than the factory trigger, until you spent a little time shooting both; the break point and overtravel becomes more obvious, especially in reset. With their competition kit, which is too light for carry work, there are options, such as not using their trigger spring, and not using their sear springs, to retain the weight, but to get a smoother, shorter pull, shorter reset, and practically zero overtravel.

If you're running a P320F, I really recommend their fat guide rod, too; and I'd prefer they made one for the compact size pistols as well, with a shorter spring. It does make a quieter, smoother pistol.

While on the soapbox, the grayguns sculpted grips are very nice, just grippy enough, comfortable. I've recently ordered the Wilson grip, but for the x-grip frames with the grayguns treatment, it's the bees knees. I have several, including a TXG grip module that they did.

If you're really bent on the apex trigger, it's not a bad choice in fit or function. It's an easy installation. I've run their trigger with and without their trigger bar and overtravel bushing; I don't think their trigger without their bar and bushing is worth it; use them in combination or not at all. I've read a few reports by users of the apex trigger breaking during use. I haven't experienced that, and the trigger on the P320 doesn't have a very high load on it, but I've read the reports all the same.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for all the advice. It is much appreciated. I already have the flat Sig factory trigger in the Pistol and I am looking for a kit that will lower the pull by about two pounds. I will look at all the suggestions!

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post