SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SP 2022 finally discontinued?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP 2022 finally discontinued? Login/Join 
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
that little “tip” that sticks out of the front of the slide lock/ takedown lever chewed the hell out of my support hand thumb.

I don't know when it happened, but SIG changed the decock lever. (You can tell the difference if you compare my pics to the others.)
The newer style on mine hits my support hand in such a way that it's not only annoying, but slightly painful after extended shooting. It just digs into my hand where the old one didn't.

I ended up finding an older style decocker on Numrich and swapped it out.

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Once again, thank goodness for Numrich. Now let's see some surplus and remainders. There's just something special about a gun that's priced like a truck gun but too nice to be a truck gun. Cool

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, with the gun being discontinued, I was offered one by my sales guy at one of our shop’s wholesale distributors today, first time one of my suppliers has had one in stock to offer for sale in literally years (last time I've had them in-store to sell was pre-pandemic).

"Shoot first, shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot last." -- attribution unknown (to me)

Posts: 269 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I should also add that an SP2022 9mm is my daily carry at work, having supplanted my P229 /357 in that role because I went lighter weight and more rounds. Would like an HK P30, but frankly it annoys me too much that I would have to shell out a couple hundred more (on top of the purchase cost of the gun) to get a trigger as good as my SP2022’s is out of the box.
I had a spare SP2022 for a while, when ammo was cheap and abundant and it made sense to have a “training gun” to hammer rounds through. Then the cost and availability of ammo went south and I sold it because I figured that I couldn’t afford enough ammo to wear one gun out. Now that they’re discontinued I regret that decision. Should have sold the guy my last Glock 19, easily replaced down the road.
I would advise any one who owns one to pick up the spare parts kit, an extra slide stop, a few recoil springs, and some more mags. Clean and lube the gun regularly, replace recoil spring at 5,000 round intervals, replace other parts as periodic inspection or breakage dictates: if you do that, it will pretty much last forever, I think. If it doesn’t, I’ve been eyeing the CZ P07 for a while…

"Shoot first, shoot fast, shoot straight, shoot last." -- attribution unknown (to me)

Posts: 269 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post