SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Torture tests - Garand Thumb’s surprised me…
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Torture tests - Garand Thumb’s surprised me… Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
Entertaining video but damn those results surprised me…

https://youtu.be/BaUNPpgHacM

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Entertaining but of no concern to me.

I don't worry if my firearm will go bang after being thrown in the mud or suffering any other form of torture mother nature has for it.

Will it fire in 100 degrees and 0 degrees is about all I care about.

If I'm fishing my firearm out of the mud I've fucked up somewhere or my problems are worse they should have been.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6314 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About as scientific as tarot cards .

Posts: 705 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Say what you want but I enjoyed the video. Do I hold it as scientific fact, no I don't. Pure entertainment for me.

If you haven't watched the one where they freeze the pistols I recommend that too. The face he makes when the M&P actually works is priceless.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4520 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was expecting something like Rob Ski's mud torture tests (AKOU 4774), but still a good viewing.

ETA: watching the freezing video also. P320 for the win in my opinion!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rat2306,

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Say what you want but I enjoyed the video. Do I hold it as scientific fact, no I don't. Pure entertainment for me.

This, and while I haven't watched this particular video yet, I know he usually makes it very clear that these "tests" are completely unscientific. Still interesting to watch, though.... especially since there's no way I'm intentionally treating any of my guns like that!

I will say, from a couple of swamp mishaps at work and a canoe dunking on my own time, the chassis design of the P320/P250 platform is really simple to strip down and thoroughly clean after such an event.

Posts: 8534 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:

If you haven't watched the one where they freeze the pistols I recommend that too. The face he makes when the M&P actually works is priceless.

I'm subbed to him and watch just about every video he does. Funny as Hell sometimes.
Some of it is entertainment like the torture tests and other videos are pretty informative.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Some people really need a Valium.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is some real world perspective to these tests. If, like everything on the intergoogle, you take it with a grain of salt. I have spent quite a bit of time on ATVs, dirt bikes and the occasional snowmobile. I open carry during most of these activities and my pistol can get coated with dust, mud or snow quite often. I have fallen down in the mud or snow a couple of times, too. I have not actually thrown my artillery down in a mud puddle to see if it will function afterward, but the tests do give an indication of what works and what doesnt.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Grand Thumb's videos are always entertaining.

I would never base my handgun choice on tests like these. You're likely to get a different result each time.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Garand Thumb vids are often entertaining to me, if a little on the goofy side. I like goofy.

I would never have believed the Deagle would do as well as it did. The 2.0 M&P was a nice surprise as well; the 1.0 was infamous for stoppages from water alone.

-MG

Posts: 1978 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
It’s a stupid video. The point of it is carnival level curiosity piqued to gain views…… otherwise known as click bait. Look! We threw all of these guns into a volcano. Now they won’t work. Junky guns!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like flannel daddy he's entertaining, but these tests are of no value.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post