SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Think Sig will ever offer a 10mm P320?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Think Sig will ever offer a 10mm P320? Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted
Fun conjecture thread time!

It seems to my eyes that 10mm is enjoying a bit of an increase in popularity. It's a caliber that intrigues me, but I don't see it offered in any platforms that I like, outside of the p220, which looks to be a bit of a rarity. I always figured if I found a 10mm p220 in a local shop, I'd probably have to snap it up. But, I haven't seen one, yet.

I'm sure there are a number of things higher on the company agenda before an expansion of the 320 line would be in the offering, but, a 10mm 320 in compact or full size would be enough to get me into the caliber for sure. I'd run - RUN - to the funstore for one.

So, anybody got a crystal ball that works? What does it say? Think 10mm will join the 320 lineup?

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Berg
posted Hide Post
A 10mm P320 full size and 10mm MPX carbine would be my dream combo.

Posts: 785 | Location: near the 101 and 92 in Calif. | Registered: August 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 10mm MPX would be nice. I'm still waiting for the .357 Sig conversion for my MPX...which will never come.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope, not as a factory Sig option. 10mm popularity got started back in the 80s pretty much entirely due to Don Johnson using a Bren Ten in Miami Vice, then took off when the FBI swapped to it. Then when the FBI decided to was too hot, it was dropped in favor of the .40 S&W, which itself is nowadays dropping off in favor of going back to 9mm. I think at this point 10mm is a niche caliber, loved by a few diehards, but nowhere near popular enough for a mainstream manufacturer to make a mass production gun. All the reasons that people didn’t care for 10mm haven’t changed over time.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ Considering all of the new 10mm models that have popped up in the last couple of years, I'm not sure that's a safe bet.

Then again, I'm with the OP - I'm thoroughly enjoying the P220 in 10mm, and I'd love a 10mm 320. Wherever there's thick brush and water, there's hogs, and there's no reason for SIG to leave money on the table just so Glock can pick it up without even having to try to earn it.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
nowhere near popular enough for a mainstream manufacturer to make a mass production gun.

Except for Glock with multiple models.
Springfield
Ruger

Shall I go on?

Ohh wait even Sig just not in the 320.

But still not going to happen in the 320.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25427 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
nowhere near popular enough for a mainstream manufacturer to make a mass production gun.

Except for Glock with multiple models.
Springfield
Ruger

Shall I go on?

Ohh wait even Sig just not in the 320.

But still not going to happen in the 320.

You stopped so I'll go on.

Didn't Colt make one, I know Dan Wesson makes one, EAA does too.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It would be a neat concept in the X gun model. I think it would require a new magazine too.

Posts: 17901 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That shouldn't be hard - just a change in the follower and feed lips of the 320/.45 magazine, right?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna put "10mm Sig P320, full size" on my letter to Santa, anyway. Maybe if I do that enough times, for enough Christmases, we'll have a Christmas miracle! Razz

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Think Sig will ever offer a 10mm P320?

Absolutely. Now that they have completely dropped the P227 line, they can devote time/effort into this new project.

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Think Sig will ever offer a 10mm P320?

Absolutely. Now that they have completely dropped the P227 line, they can devote time/effort into this new project.

Well that didn’t take long, though I will say it lasted longer than I thought it would.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be surprised, if next on the chopping block is the P225-A1.

Q

Posts: 26412 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usmc-nav
posted Hide Post
I have a 227 SAS Compact and love the pistol. Anyone know why it has been dropped? Guess people weren't buying them.

When a model is dropped does Sig continue with the magazine availability? Wonder for how long?

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
I would think a 22 conversion might come first?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post