SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Who makes the best Acro P2 Optics plate for a Glock 47 MOS?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who makes the best Acro P2 Optics plate for a Glock 47 MOS? Login/Join 
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted
I'm looking to mount a Aimpoint Acro P2 on a new Glock 47.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4860 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I got a TangoDown, no complaints.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
C&H Precision Weapons might have what your looking for.

https://chpws.com/product/v4-m...its-glock-mos-steel/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4452 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
If you look around online, C&H has lots of unhappy customers. Their plate is aluminum, TD is steel.

Posts: 10039 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
If you look around online, C&H has lots of unhappy customers. Their plate is aluminum, TD is steel.

This was one of the big reasons I was asking our Sigforum members.
I've read a lot of mixed reviews on C&H as well as other brands and I'm trying to separate fact from fiction. I want this to be a one time purchase.

I have an M&P 2.0 with a factory milled Acro cut and it's damn simple. No plates for worry about.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4860 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forward Controls Design

Posts: 710 | Location: S.W.Florida | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no complaints or issues w/ my two C&H Precision plates. However, they are older before all these issues started to crop up. Forward Control makes good plates as well.

Posts: 4113 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
I ordered the Forward Control plate this afternoon.

Thanks everyone.

-- George Orwell

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
The larger, unanswered 'Elephant in the Room' question here is...Where the hell did you find an ACRO P2? Inquiring minds want to know... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9410 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tango Down and FCD plates are the same plate, rebranded.

The current production C&H plate is steel.

Both are good.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I have no complaints or issues w/ my two C&H Precision plates. However, they are older before all these issues started to crop up. Forward Control makes good plates as well.

Their issue started when they make plates for every single optic ready guns. Older plates are good.

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
The larger, unanswered 'Elephant in the Room' question here is...Where the hell did you find an ACRO P2? Inquiring minds want to know... Wink

It's a case of being in the right place at the right time. My son mentioned I was looking for one to a local gun shop owner in the Memphis area. The shop owner said he had 2 of them on the way. They arrived the next day. He surprised me with a new Acro P2 as an early birthday gift. Smile

-- George Orwell

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I know Aimpoint’s track record and use as well as trust their products. I have no doubt the ACRO P2 is a hell for stout optic but damn all you need do is tape a cocktail flag on the battery compartment of that bad boy and you literally will have a mailbox up on that slide. Smile Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7843 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Tango Down and FCD plates are the same plate, rebranded.

The current production C&H plate is steel.

Both are good.

The way each website described their product helped with my decision.
I'm sure I would be fine with either.

C&H description

Material: Plates are made from Mild Grade steel. All mounting hardware is Stainless Steel
Finish: Plates are Electro Deposition Painted – Black

Forward Controls description

OPF-G, ACRO is machined in 4140 steel and Melonite coated.

-- George Orwell

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I know Aimpoint’s track record and use as well as trust their products. I have no doubt the ACRO P2 is a hell for stout optic but damn all you need do is tape a cocktail flag on the battery compartment of that bad boy and you literally will have a mailbox up on that slide. Smile Razz

Are you suggesting an Acro wouldn't be a good choice for pistols like the P365? Big Grin

-- George Orwell

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:

Are you suggesting an Acro wouldn't be a good choice for pistols like the P365? Big Grin

Nooo you could totally mount a P365 to the ACRO. Razz. Of course you will need to get the specific pistol mount to put on top of the ACRO. Smile

Seriously though, being a bit of a Luddite who has only dipped his toes into the MRDS optics pool my only initial “fear/concern” with something like the ACRO is does it’s size and weight run the risk of inducing reliability issues, reducing slide velocity etc. especially as things get gummed up. I am NOT saying it will just that that is one of those Luddite thoughts in the back of my head.

All said you have a helluva nice defensive setup there. May you always enjoy it in good health and may all your targets be of the paper, clay or soda can sort. Smile

Take care, shoot safe.
Chris

Posts: 7843 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Also your gun is loaded with blanks. Die Hard 2 taught me that. Razz

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nooo you could totally mount a P365 to the ACRO. Razz. Of course you will need to get the specific pistol mount to put on top of the ACRO. Smile

Let's not give Sig Sauer any bright ideas. Smile

quote:
Seriously though, being a bit of a Luddite who has only dipped his toes into the MRDS optics pool my only initial “fear/concern” with something like the ACRO is does it’s size and weight run the risk of inducing reliability issues, reducing slide velocity etc. especially as things get gummed up.

I can't really answer that. The optic weights around 2 oz. and feels pretty light. Maybe someone that has more data can chime in.

quote:
All said you have a helluva nice defensive setup there. May you always enjoy it in good health and may all your targets be of the paper, clay or soda can sort. Smile

Thank you Sir.
I really don't know how long it will stay on the G47. It may end up on my Scorpion or M4 shotgun.

-- George Orwell

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

It's a case of being in the right place at the right time. My son mentioned I was looking for one to a local gun shop owner in the Memphis area. The shop owner said he had 2 of them on the way. They arrived the next day. He surprised me with a new Acro P2 as an early birthday gift. Smile

I've wanted one since they were released back in 2021, but damn...They sure seem the arrive in the US in VERY small lots, and EXTREMELY infrequently! I've signed up for a few 'Back in Stock' notifications, but it seems they're always OUT of STOCK no matter how quickly I'm able react. I've been planning to put one on my now recently SBR'd B&T KH9, so I guess I'm gonna need to get a bit more serious, or a bit more lucky here... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9410 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
FCD mounting plates are the way to go. I have 3 of them on a 17 gen 5 MOS, 34 gen 5 MOS and soon to be installed on a 21 gen 5 MOS. They are the way to go.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post