SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Can Sig P220 10mm SAO and DA/SA slides be swapped?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Sig P220 10mm SAO and DA/SA slides be swapped? Login/Join 
Picture of inspcalahan
posted
As the title states, can the top ends be swapped among the differing lowers and still function 100%? As in, could I take the target sight SAO top and put it on a DA/SA lower, or vice versa with combat style sight top from a DA/SA gun, go onto a SAO lower and function as intended? I think I know the answer but looking for input from those that have done it, before I buy another gun and find I can't.

Posts: 823 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to your question.

With .45 ACP 220 Match pistols, though, the only difference between SAOs and DA/SAs was on the frame - thumb safety vs. decocker. Everything above the frame (barring the actual sights) is identical.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
I bought hoth and will be able to answer your question when I get home in 90 days.

I wanted SAO without the target sights so I'll be doing exactly what you're asking.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
We tried it years ago and I had to swap the locking insert with the slide and barrel.

After that it ran fine all hundred rounds.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post