SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new P322 is junk
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new P322 is junk Login/Join 
posted
Slide lock does not work
Numerous failure to feed and failures to fire

https://youtu.be/gNsE_mtHHXk

Posts: 2232 | Location: GA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
With rare exception- the CZ75 Kadet and the Beretta 87- I am no fan of rimfire versions of centerfire pistols. The rimfire versions of centerfire pistols being produced these days really seem like junk.

Posts: 107632 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Beretta 87

Posts: 2232 | Location: GA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear.

I have had good luck with mine, the exception being the failure to ignite a round with 1 very specific ammo, Aguila.

Other than that its been pretty much perfect.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bmeek
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles, I just picked one up recently and fired it for the first time this afternoon. I put 250 rounds of mini mags through it and I had one round not fire, which had a pretty good strike on the rim so I would attribute that to likely being the ammo. I did notice that on at least a couple mag changes, the slide flew forward as soon as the new mag was inserted. Thought it was a "feature" for a sec, lol. I was so impressed with the P322 (and so disappointed in my eyes) that I picked up a Holosun and 4 mags on my way home. Reach out to Sig, I'm sure they will make it right and you can enjoy it soon.

Posts: 261 | Location: MD | Registered: January 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
With rare exception- the CZ75 Kadet and the Beretta 87- I am no fan of rimfire versions of centerfire pistols. The rimfire versions of centerfire pistols being produced these days really seem like junk.
That's generally what I've found.

Then, just stopping by one of my LGS' one day, I spotted a Kimber 1911 Rimfire Target.

Kimber, who's had a spotty record. A 1911, which can be finicky. .22 rimfire in a full-size pistol.

What was I thinking?

It did have problems with failure-to-extract and occasional FTF problems. Took it to my 1911 smith. Told him what I'd been experiencing. ±$100 later and, last time I had it out it ran a couple hundred rounds without a hiccup ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a hoot to shoot, too Smile

valmetshooter, sorry to hear about your problems Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazingly, my Taurus TX-22 runs like a top.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I sold a TX-22 out of our shop's inventory to a good buddy of mine. I admit that I cautioned him about the internet gloom and doom that was making the rounds at the time but he was insistent, wanting it for its budget-friendly price and its 16rd mags. First report back from him was just like the above: it ran flawlessly with all sorts of ammo, and didn't suffer from the non-concentric rifling issues that was reported with a number of the guns.

I shot it a few months later and yeah, it ran flawlessly across 6 or 7 different types of ammo. And quite accurately, too. Not your father's Taurus...I guess.

Oh, to the OP: sorry about your 322. In general our own customers have been having good results with theirs, though I recall one saying that his gun did have some double-feed problems as the gun became more fouled. I'd say give SIG CS a call and have them look it over. They should be able to make it right.

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:

My brother has one and yes, its been 100%. That being said we both have shot my P322 and both have said it's a better gun. It's more accurate, more fun to shoot and just handles better.

Like I said though, the Taurus is solid, which is surprising.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I’d have to agree, even though my list of acceptable guns is somewhat larger (in addition to yours, I’d include the actual slide conversion kits for the SIG P-series and the .22 LR versions of fixed-barrel guns like the HK P7 and original Walther PP). The Cologne-proofed Walthers, Umarex clones, and GSG guns (Mosquito included) have very mixed reviews. You know it’s bad when even the Glock offering has problems.

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 341 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Mine too. But I can't say it's high quality. I very much prefer to shoot my Buckmark.

Posts: 447 | Location: Shenandoah Valley | Registered: February 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I remember renting a G44 when they came out, it looked fairly clean, and it had issues with maybe 10% of the rounds out of a box of Mini Mags. I never bought one.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
My Walther PPQ has had thousands of rounds through it. To the point it gets filthy. I've probably had less than a handful of malfunctions.

%90 of the rounds bulk trash ammo & suppressed.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by valmetshooter:
Slide lock does not work
Numerous failure to feed and failures to fire

https://youtu.be/gNsE_mtHHXk

What was SIG's response to your problems?

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Only have a SW 41 and no issues but it is sad that so many 22LR pistols have functionality issues.

Posts: 22921 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I have to say our M&P Compact has worked extremely well over the years and with a wide variety of ammo too.

However I rarely shoot it anymore after finally finding a new Buckmark Camper Stainless at LGS for a few years back for $315 new after rebate. What a great shooter, even with cheap bulk ammo at 75 feet rapid fire.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Knock on wood, my 322 has been flawless thus far. Then again, I've only used CCI ammo.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I have a TX 22 and it too has been flawless with a wide range of ammo. It's my wife's favorite gun to shoot but we did just get her a 322 because of the smaller grip. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet for a comparison.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P322 also. I haven't had any failure to fire issues, but I do have problems occasionally with failure to load, specifically I get stovepiping of the next round. I've found that the magazines have to be loaded *very* carefully, making sure all the rounds are uniform and seated well. I've also found that the gun needs to be kept really clean to help avoid issues. When I pay attention to these details, the gun performs well. Not something I'd bet my life on, but this isn't intended to be an EDC.

Unfortunately, the first time my daughter fired it this past weekend, the next round stovepiped. I helped her clear it (she followed the instructions I had previously taught her!) and it did it again a couple more times. While this was a good lesson in handling failures for her, she's now afraid to use this gun as a result. Which I hope to get past, as she's the main reason I bought it in the first place.

Posts: 55 | Location: Arizona | Registered: December 13, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Most rimfires are finicky.

I have a few pistols in 22lr and 22 Magnum, they don't work very well with some ammo.

My .17 pistols on the other hand, seem to only work with CCI. Either in .17HMR or .17mach2 the CCI ammo is usually loaded enough to get it to cycle properly.

Try yours with CCI before blaming the gun, you may be surprised.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post