SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    220 Equinox questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

220 Equinox questions Login/Join 
Picture of Makoman
posted
Hello,

I currently purchased a new P220R Nitron, and next week, I will be purchasing a pristine P220 Equinox off of a member on my local forum. Is there a thread somewhere with info on the equinox models? I’m not finding a whole lot. What years were they produced? What changes were made during production etc.? I know for example that they stopped milling the top of the slide at one point in later production guns.

Also, I plan to purchase SRT kits for both, but I noticed that Sig doesn't seem to offer a kit with the nickel plated decocker. I also noticed that the one from Gray Guns doesn’t come with a decocker. I called GG and was informed their kit doesn’t require the replacement decocker lever. Can someone confirm this? It would be great if I don’t end up having to try to hunt down nickel decocker or having to have one plated.

Posts: 206 | Location: Democratik Peoples Republik of Kommiefornia | Registered: January 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
The decocker does not have to be changed with the SRT kit install. Unfortunately, I do not know the answer to your production questions, I’m sure someone will pop in with the answers though. Enjoy your new pistol.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post