SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365 which model
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365 which model Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I have both the P365 standard (CA version) and a P365 XL. The standard version is better for concealment, but I really do like my XL with the optic.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Everyone is different. This is something you will have to try out for yourself. Go to your LGS, or better yet, your shooting range and try out their rentals. Me, I have no problems with the original P365. It fills the CC role perfectly.

Very true. I had two XL's and sold them. I prefer the standard P365 with it's smaller size. I recently picked up another P365 with the manual safety, but believe I prefer the original version better.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 365, 365X, and the 365 XMacro. I prefer to carry the 365X w/12rd flush and a 17rd backup. The XMacro is my HD gun and just to big for CC, and the 365 for when I need better concealment.

Posts: 24 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry different short slides with different size grips.

Some days with a regular slide, optic, some days with sas slide, and some days with a TLR-6.

Today I have a reg slide, a regular grip with a pinky extension mag, and a TLR-6.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one P365. The original small one with a manual safety. I like that option. And Maggutz mag kits. I carry it with 12 + 1 in what was the 10 round mag. The Maggutz base on the 10 rounder also gives just a bit more grip which works well for me. I also have a former 12 round, now 14 round Maggutz as a backup. Total of 27 rounds. I also put a Hogue grip on it, and it feels terrific. It does everything I want. My hands are fairly small. It works great for me. Fits in the pocket, but I usually carry IWB. It is pretty much the same size and weight as my former EDC, a stainless Walther PPK, but with twice the capacity in a more powerful cartridge. And is very comfortable to shoot. You can also utilize magazines up to 17 rounds if you wish. If you have larger hands, you could still use the smaller gun with the 12 round mag that has a longer base. (14 on mine with the Maguttz).

I would suggest to start with this one. And you can always expand later to any combination of grip/slide length,X,XL, comp, Wilson grip, optics, etc. The P365 family is amazingly broad and flexible. But for me, the original small one is still the gem of the bunch.

Posts: 35 | Registered: June 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
I have an original P365, with manual safety, a P365XL with manual safety, and a non-comped P365 XMacro.

I prefer the original. It's the perfect size to fit anywhere.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P365 is becoming the universal pistol with an infinite number of variations available.

Pick the one that's closest to your needs. If you don't know what you need you'll probably get it but don't worry if you guess wrong at first, changes are as close as your VISA card. Smile

My need is for an easily concealable no less than 9mm defensive pistol with thumb safety and an adequate size magazine (10 rounds) capable of engaging targets from restaurant to parking lot ranges. Base P365 with 10 round magazine fills that requirement out of the box. Done.

Easy enough to play Barbie-for-Boys, assuming that's your requirement, with any number of grips, slides, lights, etc. etc.

-- Chuck

"Never send a man where you can send a bullet."

Posts: 3034 | Location: Chesterfield, Virginia | Registered: June 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I bought the standard P365 (~$500). I then decided that I wanted a red dot on it for carry. I ordered a P365X slide with the Romeo Zero from Sig (~$450). Next came another standard P365 and added the TLR6 laser/light for HD.
It's a slippery slope. LOL

Posts: 528 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My original P365 became my EDC right after I put 250 rounds through it at the range. I carry it in my OWB holster, or shoulder holster with a 12 round mag, which fits my paw just right. The 10 round mag is reserved for pocket carry. Works, and fits perfectly for me, for the last five years.

Posts: 13681 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I got the 365X for many of the same reasons above, but I definitely wanted the flat trigger that was what sold me.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Find some friends or a rental range that has examples. It's the only way to find the one that you like.

The good news is that the 365 is highly modular so you can swap parts till you love it.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
The original P365 for me. Fits my hand okay, it's the smallest, and shoots great.

I carry appendix, so definitely don't want the longer slide.

Larger grip makes it harder to conceal, so I would recommend stopping at the grip that you can shoot well, no bigger.

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lunasee:
I bought the standard P365 (~$500). I then decided that I wanted a red dot on it for carry. I ordered a P365X slide with the Romeo Zero from Sig (~$450). Next came another standard P365 and added the TLR6 laser/light for HD.
It's a slippery slope. LOL

I forgot to add that my first P365 had a manual safety, and a curved trigger. I changed it to a flat one.
The second one I added the MS and changed it to the flat trigger.

Posts: 528 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
It's interesting, I changed my X and Macro to curved triggers. I seem to shoot them better.

Posts: 921 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm way curious about this flat trigger swap.

Where do we find a flat trigger? Is that a Grayguns thing? Apex? Other?

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I'm way curious about this flat trigger swap.

Where do we find a flat trigger? Is that a Grayguns thing? Apex? Other?

You can buy them direct from Sig as well as the usual aftermarket suppliers. I never converted mine but my general understanding is that you need to tear down the FCU almost completely to swap them in. That’s where I lost interest…

Posts: 331 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Basenji
posted Hide Post
You can get those triggers or you can seek out used flat triggers with a want to buy or just look around on line. There are folks like me who want the curved and will trade the flat for curved (that's what I did). There are also folks who replaced their stock flat trigger for a fancier flat trigger and have the stock flat trigger just sitting in their parts box. Used ones are out there if you look.

Posts: 921 | Location: Tidewater VIRGINIA | Registered: April 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For myself the original smallest version suited my needs just fine. I've not bothered with the X/XL grip module, but I do own a couple of Macros now and admit to liking how they handle and shoot. But those are not really doing the same as what the original or even the X/XL are trying to accomplish, at least how I judge them.

Whether straight or curved trigger doesn't seem to matter to me. I shoot them about the same and have no preference between them, functionally or aesthetically.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me, I started with the original, in early 2018. Always thought the grip was a little too small front to rear, so when the Wilson frame came out I jumped on that. Also added the 12 and 15 rounders; always carry with the 12, use the 15 on the nightstand if I don't bother to get a larger pistol out of the safe at night.

But then the X Macro came out and I'd been wanting to try a red dot on a pistol, and it had a straight trigger and I'd never had a comp'd slide, and there was the fact that the grip fit my hand perfectly...

Had to have it. I quickly grew to love the red dot. I handle it more naturally, and draw-n-shoot drills tell the story -- I'm faster and more accurate with the X Macro.

But sometimes I have a thin tee shirt on and I can get away with the original without printing, but the X Macro shows. So I still carry the original, probably 20% of the time during the whole year.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post