SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ SHADOW 2 COMPACT - News from the 2024 Shot Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ SHADOW 2 COMPACT - News from the 2024 Shot Show Login/Join 
posted
A lot of companies are bringing out smaller versions of popular pistols, and CZ is no different. One new offering from the company includes the SHADOW 2 COMPACT.

Based off the full size, this 9mm semi-auto is smaller for carry. It’s not a whole lot smaller, but it has excellent ergonomics, and it comes with a 15-round magazine. CZ used a forge aluminum frame and it comes with a height-adjustable rear sight and a fiber-optic front sight. It also comes with an optics ready interface.

The grips are silver and feel really nice in the hand. At the same time, the magazine release is reversible and the manual safety is ambidextrous. It is kind of a 1911 style, but it is significantly smaller, which is the only issue I see. It needs to be just a little bigger for better contact. The trigger, however, is extremely nice in both double and single action.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I imagine they might sell a lot of these but for a carry piece I can't believe it will do anything a PCR won't do. I don't need the rail or the optics cut. You did do a nice write up on the new CZ model and the Shadow fans will buy it up no doubt. Thanks for the post.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
The regular shadow lacks a firing pin block, correct? Do you know if that's also the case with this model? Seems less than ideal for carry if that's the case. I'm also not a big fan of the continual trend towards ambi-everything. I don't need redundant controls hanging out the wrong side of my carry gun. Make them reversible so I can have my cake and the lefties can eat it too.

I'm with Genorogers...I'd rather have the PCR. That gets me a decocker, too. Heck, give me a PCR with an optics cut and that would really get me going!

Posts: 8574 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
92 - I do not know Sir. I just saw the release and copied and pasted the information CZ provided. Sorry for not having more detail. I will keep an eye out for any additional detail and will post if I find anything.

Posts: 3245 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
No firing pin block. I don't believe any Shadow has or ever had the FPB. If there was a rare variant out there, please correct me.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I really like the look (thought I'd change the grip color) and bet it handles very well. I would really want a decocker version over the manual safety, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I've said before, that they could have upgraded the PCR to the tune of the CZ Custom's Pro-Tek, but sans the melt job. That would keep the cost down, and it would have been perfect.

quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
92 - I do not know Sir. I just saw the release and copied and pasted the information CZ provided. Sorry for not having more detail. I will keep an eye out for any additional detail and will post if I find anything.

When I read this, "The grips are silver and feel really nice in the hand", I thought you were actually at SHOT and handled it. Eek

Q

Posts: 26409 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Handsome pistol but every time we turn around, there's a new pistol on the market, or, more like ten new pistols. I am well past the point of chasing after new handguns. I look at them, and then I forget about them because I'm not going to be buying them, and I'm fine with that.

I was thinking today of hauling out my 1993 production Beretta 92FS. Damn fine handgun. It's been a long time since I've shot it. Hell, maybe I'll load it up and keep it and a couple of spare magazines handy.

Some of you guys will know what I mean.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was thinking today of hauling out my 1993 production Beretta 92FS. Damn fine handgun. It's been a long time since I've shot it. Hell, maybe I'll load it up and keep it and a couple of spare magazines handy.

Good plan. Every time I take my 92FS (mine is from 1994, IIRC) out, I ask myself why I don't do it more. It is indeed a damn fine pistol.

Posts: 8574 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No place for a light and it is not, I repeat, not "optics ready" and that's fine with me.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have recently pulled out my first serious carry gun, a SIG P239 .40, run some rounds through it, re checked it with 165 grain HST and carried it a a spare mag and you what? It felt good. Sure it’s heavy and low capacity but it shoots extremely well and carries wonderfully. It’s not something I am likely to fall back into normally but it just felt “good”.

There really isn’t anything out there barring weird, exotic/expensive or older stuff that really does it for me or covers a base I don’t have covered seven ways from Sunday. How many versions of a “Glock 19” do we need?

I’m not saying I don’t like seeing all these “new” guns and I am glad they are there but like Para nothing really makes me want to run out and buy anything. I mean I’d like a Luago Alien and or an FK BRNO but the doctors keep telling me that we have two kidneys for a reason and that single testicles just aren’t bringing what they used to. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No place for a light and it is not, I repeat, not "optics ready" and that's fine with me.

We had a postal match stage a while back that involved shooting a B8 at 25 yards ( https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...58/m/1330080484/p/39). I decided to dig the old plain-jane 92FS out of the back of the safe and shot an 86/100, with 6 shots in the 10 ring. It would have been even better if I hadn't shanked the first DA shot just outside the scoring rings for a zero. I shot the same stage later with my optic-equipped duty gun that I shoot all the time, and only scored 2 points better. Obviously just one limited set of conditions, but that old Beretta still gets it done and I'd be completely confident carrying it if I needed to.

Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Several friends have these and they are just as nice as the Shadow 2.

Shadow on any of the CZ pistols identifies them as non firing pin block models. They do have the safety notch on the hammer so it’s not resting on the firing pin.

The way these guns are made, they need the ambi safety to keep things attached and lined up internally. It’s very small and unobtrusive.

Surprisingly heavy feeling, more mass in the slide I think. The P-01 feels significantly lighter but I don’t know the actual weight.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:
Surprisingly heavy feeling, more mass in the slide I think. The P-01 feels significantly lighter but I don’t know the actual weight.

P-01 = 28.1 oz
Shadow 2 Compact = 30.0 oz

P229R = 32.0 oz

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I’ll have to try them side by side but the P-01 sure feels a lot lighter.

I’m planning on getting a Shadow 2 Compact for IDPA.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Agreed, I can't think of a better choice choice.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8685 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
This one has been out for a couple of months, but this is it's first appearance at SHOT Show. Honest Outlaw has a 2,000 round review and mild torture test up:

This is literally a smaller Shadow 2 in every single way with a sticker price of $1200.

Posts: 4182 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post