SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Video of me Shooting S&W M&P 10mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Video of me Shooting S&W M&P 10mm Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So a buddy of mine produces the YouTube Channel Chuke's Outdoor Adventures. He's somewhat of a 10mm fanatic. He has a 4.6" barrel M&P 10mm that up until last weekend had been flawless. I've got a 4" that has consistently jammed on the second to last round in the magazine.

Last weekend he invited me out to film a comparison of the two. The idea was to look for differences in why his worked and mine didn't. The pleasant surprise is that mine actually performed flawlessly.

Short video from part of out session last weekend. There's no real practice, drills or precision shooting going on, it was basically just dumping rounds out of both guns. At the end of the day 3 different shooters put 400 rounds through my pistol of 7 different types of ammo trying to get it to choke and it didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1-JRjH1Js

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11769 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
here you go....

Posts: 23481 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like Chuke. He sure goes through a bunch of guns. He has a new favorite gun every week. Always seems to go back to the mighty G20 for his best 10mm. Glad you got a good Smith 10mm.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 411 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I really like the 2.0 guns and they just feel right in my hand, are very accurate and reliable. The "Plus" flat triggers make them even better.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
I’m happy to see your M&P finally working!

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Cool, I have seen a lot of Chukes videos when looking at bear pistols. Good to see it running well. How did the factory mag springs compare to a .45 magazine spring? Are you planning on putting a dot or light on it?

Posts: 9971 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
Subscribed

Posts: 625 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Cool, I have seen a lot of Chukes videos when looking at bear pistols. Good to see it running well. How did the factory mag springs compare to a .45 magazine spring? Are you planning on putting a dot or light on it?

The .45 mag spring did not seem to make a difference on their own. But they're part of the overall package now which runs so I won't be changing them out. No plans on a red dot or light. I intend on this being a woods carry gun and want to keep it as compact and light as possible. I'm seriously considering swapping out the sights for some lower profile ones from Dawson, just to make the package that much smaller and snag free.

Posts: 11769 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I may ask, what style of grip are you using. Is there a name for it?
What advantages/nuances it has vs other styles?

it seems that the thumb of trigger hand is pointing down, while the thumb of the supporting hand -- is more traditionally oriented -- pointing alongside the barrel.

Posts: 91 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by platform:

it seems that the thumb of trigger hand is pointing down, while the thumb of the supporting hand -- is more traditionally oriented -- pointing alongside the barrel.

Probably my right thumb looking for the thumb safety of a 1911 as a rest. Smile.

In all seriousness, I hadn't thought about it until now. The only thing I can think of is that it's a hold over from revolver shooting when using my left thumb to cock the hammer.

Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by platform:

Interesting video I ran across tonight of Massad Ayoob and Bill Wilson talking about the low thumb grip. Like I said I hadn't really thought about but I learned to shoot handguns back in the stone age with double action revolvers. Right hand grabs the grip, left hand wraps around it and left thumb available for cocking the hammer without breaking the grip of the right hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCSq7Zc1IbI

Another video of Massad Ayoub talking about thumb placement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVvUHsFdHK4