SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Striker fired .45
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Striker fired .45 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Who cares about the "Fan boys", if YOU like Glock, go and get yourself a Glock.

I love my G-21! Great duty weapon!
I wish I could upgrade to the 5th Gen MOS, but my Department won't let me.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 320 Compact .45 has a manual safety and I installed a flat trigger. Pretty much a 1911 experience, but plastic and striker. Shoots great! Hoping to run a across a .45 FS 320.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Who cares about the "Fan boys", if YOU like Glock, go and get yourself a Glock.

I love my G-21! Great duty weapon!
I wish I could upgrade to the 5th Gen MOS, but my Department won't let me.

That sucks!!! The G21 is a great .45 ACP. I have carried Gen.3 and Gen.4 Glocks and currently carry a Gen.5. I have owned a couple different Gen.2’s. Have shot and played w/ Gen.1 G17’s. In my humble opinion the Gen.5 is the best of the breed.

Posts: 4059 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Glock 21 sets the standard by which all other striker fired 45's are judged. The Gen 5 guns are really nice.

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like to keep a .45 for home defense and I'm not even a fudd boomer. Having said that I use an XDM 45 for my night stand piece with a TLR-1HL on it and it's been great. I went through an XDM phase back in the day and have only kept 2, this is one of them. I've recently decided I needed a coffee table gun, of course it needed to be a .45. I'm now on a CZ P10 phase, and found a new unit at a retailer (the .45 P10 has been discontinued) and picked it up. I put my favorite night sights on it and of course a TLR-1HL and shot it for the first time last week. MAN! This thing shoots. Very very easy to control recoil due to the low bore axis and aggressive grip texturing. Great gun, would recommended to anyone looking for a plastic striker fired .45.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had 3 Sig 320’s, one of which I gave to my daughter as she wanted a .45

I have a bunch of .45’s, to include 1911’s, HK’s, Sigs, and SAA’s (in .45 Colt, a bit of a different animal). The Sig320 is the softest shooting .45 ACP I own or have shot. The only other one that came close was a Glock G30. I had expected that to be nasty, being a small, short pistol shooting the .45 ACP. It turned out to be a pussycat.

The FCU’s turned out to be a bit variable. The first one was fabulous, the other two, less so. I also modified my original one, a Carry version, to have a full-sized grip module. It required cutting, shaping, and polishing the front dust cover to look right, but what I ended up with was great. The grip was bigger, fitting my large hands well. Also it took the 10-round mags as opposed to the 9 round ones.

Keep the Sig 320 on your list.

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I love my Walther PPQ45, which is still available. FN also makes the FN 545, which is a striker fired version of the FNX-45.

I love mine too, bought it the week it came out. Are you sure its still available, I thought they discontinued it.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I love my Walther PPQ45, which is still available. FN also makes the FN 545, which is a striker fired version of the FNX-45.

I love mine too, bought it the week it came out. Are you sure its still available, I thought they discontinued it.

They were two months ago when I bought it. Still on the Walther website. I think the 9mm PPQs are discontinued and replaced by the PDP, but they are keeping just the PPQ 45 in production because they don’t plan to make the PDP in 45.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If I were looking for a striker-fired .45 ACP pistol, the PPQ would be my choice, hands down.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post