SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Shield 2.0 Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shield 2.0 Question Login/Join 
posted
I searched but didn't find what i was looking for. For those who own or have shot a 2.0 (specifically 45), how is the grip compared to the regular shield? Having owned a regular shield (not shield plus, that's a different story), it always felt like it kind of karate chopped the web of my hand with each shot. I haven't found a 2.0 in 45 to actually hold so wanted to know if others thought the 2.0 was similar or felt better. Thanks.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bringing this back up in case anyone had real world input, thanks.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
The grip seems thinner to me on the .45, also the texturing is far more aggressive than the 9/40. I put a Hogue Handall on mine to give me a better grip.

Recoil is stout on it.

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the Shield 2.0 .45 and I think your question is asking about comparing that with a pre 2.0 Shield .45. I'm not sure there is any difference with the grip between the two, but as mentioned, and for the same reason, I have a Hogue Handall on mine as well. Recoil is noticeable, but the Handall does make it easier to control.

Posts: 35 | Location: Eastern N.C. | Registered: November 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post