SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    WC Experior 5 inch vs Staccato XL
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WC Experior 5 inch vs Staccato XL Login/Join 
posted
I have been wanting to try this type of handgun, I want to run it hard and while will be well maintained it will not be a BBQ gun. witch of the two would you buy and why?.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I know this will probably be heracy but I have shot Wilson’s (not that specific gun) and STI’s before they were “Staccato” and I preferred the STI’s. That type of gun isn’t my cup of tea but holy hell base on the way those STI’s would shoot for a unskilled, idjit like myself somebody with a modicum of skill could run them like a scalded beast.

Wilsons always struck me as fantastic works of kinetic art. Great guns but just feel different to me.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My only experience is with the Stacatto P in 9mm (IIRC), and it was a mighty fine shooter, just well out of my budget.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15278 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This is kind of like asking "Vette or Challenger?"

They're both going to be fine pistols. They're both semi-custom production guns. In the end it'll really boil down to whichever suits you better.

For me: I'd probably be inclined to go with the Staccato, simply because I have a Staccato R and couldn't be happier. Plus the Staccato XL is optic-ready, should you be so-inclined.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
While not familiar with either one, consider that the original Wilson of this style sourced a frame through Tripp Research (later STI).

While I had the opportunity to buy a Tripp/Wilson 2011, I got distracted by a used SVI for less than the Tripp/Wilson.

That being said, I'd still give the nod to Wilson. Not because the Staccato is a bad pistol, but the customer service at STI is shitty.

Posts: 9141 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the Experior, but I do have the EDCX9 and other Wilsons; they're all excellent quality. It may just be the price, but for me they're carry handguns, but not ones I'd go beat the hell out of or use for competition. No issues with reliability (hence I'm happy carrying them), but I don't wish to beat them up.

The Staccato screams "beat the shit out of me," and competitors do. I don't have one at the moment, but have STI's and they've been accurate and reliable.

My wilsons get dedicated leather. I'd be happy with a stacatto in a good kydex holster and wouldn't be too heartbroken if it got scatched, worn, or looked like it were dropped from the sky.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Either is a fine choice. I’ll say that I’m not as big of a fan of the feel of the double stack Wilson’s though they do exude quality. I love my Staccato C2, and the price is quite fair for the quality. In terms of customer service Staccato is the absolute best company I have ever dealt with, by a pretty decent margin. They even send out a hat, sticker, and patch in a gift box to anyone who has a Staccato pistol and creates a customer profile on their webpage.

Posts: 4609 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post