SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stopped by the LGS, P220 for $475…yes please and thank you.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Stopped by the LGS, P220 for $475…yes please and thank you. Login/Join 
Member
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted
I stop by this store every Friday on the way home. This beautiful P220 was there with a $475 price and three total mags. 2 7 rounders and a 8 rounder. How could I say no? Serial number puts it at a 2001 manufactured date. Very clean pistol with folded steel slide. It’ll have a good home here. :-)





Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
 
Posts: 1741 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice! I'm not in the market for any more guns at the moment, but I'd certainly have had a hard time walking away from that!


-----------------------------------------------------------

Any comments made by this poster are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of my employer.
 
Posts: 12045 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Nice! I'm not in the market for any more guns at the moment, but I'd certainly have had a hard time walking away from that!


I wasn’t looking either. I stop by to visit, but I couldn’t pass ot up.


Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
 
Posts: 1741 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Yep that would have been difficult to pass by, nice score...
 
Posts: 28647 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Great find! I just paid a lot more than that for a used one in great condition.
 
Posts: 6122 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Y'know, if you can find the right mags and Numrich still has the rest of the parts, that might make a great candidate for conversion to 9mm or .38 Super.
 
Posts: 27440 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I had WG P220 years ago that I sold off for God knows what.
I probably eventually sold what I bought as well.

But I must say, if I walked into a store and saw a Railess P220 in that shape for that price, it would be hard to pass up.

Congrats on finding that.
 
Posts: 4830 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Dumb off-topic question, but does anyone know why the P220 magazine has two latch cutouts per side instead of just one per side?

Somehow, I only just now noticed this.
 
Posts: 895 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver:
Dumb off-topic question, but does anyone know why the P220 magazine has two latch cutouts per side instead of just one per side?

Somehow, I only just now noticed this.


Interesting question.
Mine was the same..

 
Posts: 4830 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
The P220 mag catch has two ears or tabs on it while the P226/229 has a single piece.

The mag catch catches both notches.





Eight years to retirement! Just waiting!
 
Posts: 8058 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
Nice! I'm not in the market for any more guns at the moment, but I'd certainly have had a hard time walking away from that!


Yeah, same here. The P220 was my first handgun. I had an older spur hammer, but the late 90's and early 2000's era is the sweet spot of production to me. Excellent score.


quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver:
Dumb off-topic question, but does anyone know why the P220 magazine has two latch cutouts per side instead of just one per side?

Somehow, I only just now noticed this.


It's so that 1911 magazines won't work and you have to buy Sig Sauer brand magazines.

Yes, I'm being serious. Try it some time, they fit, but that second claw on the magazine release won't let a 1911 magazine with the single notch lock in.


______________________________________________
"If the truth shall kill them, let them die.”

Endeavoring to master the subtle art of the grapefruit spoon.
 
Posts: 19319 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Almost my first Sig. I saw one at a gun show, fondled it, put it down, then returned three times.

I still had a Colt Mk 4 Series 70 that was everything a .45acp should be, and rather than being seduced by it beauty, I passed on the Sig.

I'm totally happy with my P-229 (looking for at least one more, in fact), but if I saw that P-220 for that price, I'd definitely hit it.


--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
 
Posts: 10123 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Very nice score.

Time is right to buy these old unwanted gems.

I have mine and just laugh when everyone says they are old and no one wants them.
 
Posts: 18757 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Carried one as my last duty gun for 15+ years. Loved that gun!! Had a second two-tone that I used for training, instructor schools, practice, etc.


Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
 
Posts: 3499 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Very nice, I would have bought it too.

Don't forget to get us a range report.



Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six
 
Posts: 4730 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of eclayton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wacopolumbo:
I stop by this store every Friday on the way home. This beautiful P220 was there with a $475 price and three total mags. 2 7 rounders and a 8 rounder. How could I say no? Serial number puts it at a 2001 manufactured date. Very clean pistol with folded steel slide. It’ll have a good home here. :-)


I have one just like it that I bought in 2002. It is the best of my SIGs and still my favorite .45 pistol to shoot. It is just a flawless pistol. Quality is higher than my West German P220 and P226.
 
Posts: 353 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve in PA:
Carried one as my last duty gun for 15+ years. Loved that gun!! Had a second two-tone that I used for training, instructor schools, practice, etc.


I had a two tone one back in the mid 90s. Cool gun but I really wanted a two tone P229/40 back then and traded it for one. The old two tone Sigs were beautiful. I recently tracked down a 1998 vintage P229 two tone as well.

I like the 320, but the classic P series are my favorites.


Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...
 
Posts: 1741 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I would have scooped that up also I think I paid $425 (used) for mine 25 years ago, still have it.




"The left can't applaud me because their hands are in other people's pockets." - Javier Milei
 
Posts: 2480 | Location: Texan on the north side of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Very nice score! I must live in the wrong state!
 
Posts: 524 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OttoSig:
The P220 mag catch has two ears or tabs on it while the P226/229 has a single piece.

The mag catch catches both notches.

You're right. I just looked up a picture of a P220 mag button. I can't believe I didn't notice that before. I've certainly owned enough of them.
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
It's so that 1911 magazines won't work and you have to buy Sig Sauer brand magazines.

Yes, I'm being serious. Try it some time, they fit, but that second claw on the magazine release won't let a 1911 magazine with the single notch lock in.

Have you ever modified a 1911 mag (like with a Dremel or something) so that it would seat? I wonder if the gun would run.
 
Posts: 895 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Stopped by the LGS, P220 for $475…yes please and thank you.

© SIGforum 2026