SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Better Late Than Never - Beretta M9
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Better Late Than Never - Beretta M9 Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I did very similar and bought an m9 last year. I put a g conversion, softer spring, and some lok grips. Nice gun.

Posts: 2929 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Delta-3:
https://lokgrips.com/ are very thin & work quite well on Berettas.

The colorfill cobra commander grips are cool but off center and my OCD would go crazy

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ah3:
Enjoy. Love the 92 platform. Next step, pickup a Langdon Tactical Trigger-Job-In-a-Bag.

^^this! I have the same gun. I did the Ltt trigger job in a bag and the D-spring, decocker (g-kit) I think it’s called and the Ltt trigger bar and Wilson combat steel short reset trigger. The thing is a total sleeper. You’ll be very happy you did it

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a late adopter too. I'd shot and carried the M9 at work. I picked one up much the same way you did (great price by the way!).

If you change the grips to a thinner set, if you have small to medium size hand and a OEM "D" spring, it really makes the pistol "pop" and it becomes a really great shooter.

I do recommend that you check the locking block and make sure there are no signs of wear. given that yours is a 2014 version, It should have 4th GEN locking block.

There is a beretta forum out there that is similar to SIGFORUM. If you find the right one, you'll see a great reference library (i'd pay for the info in book form).

Posts: 4538 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
3° that never cooled
Picture of rock185
posted Hide Post
I guess I was an early adopter. After the US adopted the Beretta, I wanted to try out this new pistol myself, and bought a commercial 92. The grip seemed awfully big to me, but it was otherwise a fine, well fitted and finished, 100% reliable pistol. After a while, I wanted to see what the runner-up SIG P226 was like. I acquired a 226. It was also a fine, extremely well fitted, 100% reliable pistol. The 226 fit me better overall, and I began carrying one every working day for several years.

Can't go wrong with whichever of these pistols fits you best IMHO.

NRA Life

Posts: 1561 | Location: Under the Tonto Rim | Registered: August 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The 226 and 92FS are the european pin-up queens of 9mm. I like both and have used those for USPSA. If you have the funds buy a S &W 5906.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
+1 on the grips…I have one with the Wilson Combat ultra thin grips and it makes a tremendous difference.

Posts: 1956 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Yes the FS92 / M9 is a great pistol.
My first pistol purchase ever and one I will never let go.
100% reliable and decent on accuracy albeit a little too large for concealment carry every day.

Cool

Posts: 22843 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 92FS Inox was my first semi-auto pistol and it prolly has about 3K trouble-free rounds through it.

It's assigned night-stand duty with an 18 round Mec-Gar in it and a 20 round Mec-Gar next to it.

The sound it makes when 'racking' the slide is second to none imho.

Congrats and enjoy it!!

Posts: 3462 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The beretta 92FS Centurion is the prize beretta in my collection.

Posts: 81 | Location: Southern California  | Registered: April 29, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
First centerfire pistol I ever shot. Love the M9. I don't have one, and they are pretty rare in the shops down here.

Someday, however I will have one. Nice score, and enjoy shooting it. They are wonderful pistols.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12741 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226collector:
The beretta 92FS Centurion is the prize beretta in my collection.
I have 3 92F,92FS centurion,and a 92FS.All shoot great and 100% reliable.

Posts: 94 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I took my old 92FS out to the range today. It's been a while. I'd forgotten just how good this thing shoots. First round out of the gate at 15 yards punched out the center of the X. The rest of the mag stayed easily inside the 10-ring of the B8.

The DA trigger pull is still excessively long, but it doesn't seem to affect my accuracy any. I worked some DA/SA transitions then spent some time on the plate rack. I'd forgotten just how well the controls fit my hands, and even the slide-mounted safety was easy to operate one-handed (I'd still prefer a decocker-only G-model, though).

Shooting that gun today didn't help at all with my resolve to not go blow my next paycheck on that 92X Compact that the LGS has on the rack right now....

Posts: 8385 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 1994 92FS Centurion has been heavily modified by yours truly. Maybe it's me, but putting in the Langdon TJIAB was a daunting experience, but well worth it. Amazing SA/DA trigger. Excellent gun.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked an INOX model and added Ladoon trigger job in a box. It has fairly trigger pull now.

Posts: 1542 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
I picked an INOX model and added Ladoon trigger job in a box. It has a fairly trigger pull now.

Posts: 1542 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I have owned several Beretta 92 variants, but unfortunately have sold them all. As much as I'd love the look and feel (quality-wise), they just don't "fit my hand" like SIG-Sauer handguns do, so I have regrettably parted ways with them. The last I had was a 92FS Centurion with checkered wood grips; sold it to a friend at church for what I paid for it. That was around 7 years ago, and it was my last Beretta.

Interesting thing is, I DID love my Beretta Cougar in .40S&W, but the accuracy sucked compared to an H&K USP40, so I traded even-up and never looked back at the Cougar either.

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4544 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Is there any difference between the 92FS and the M9?

Posts: 1956 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Differences? Yes. Functionality? No. Basically 100% parts interchangeability. Some people like having a “military” sidearm. M9 is not the best of breed though. Stock trigger is not as good as 92X, no Vertec grip option, no rail, no front sight dovetail, etc. If you don’t care about the M9 designation there are better options. The 92X in any incarnation is probably the best stock version they have ever made. Vertec, dovetail front sight, much better stock trigger, very grippy stock grip panels, radiused backstrap, rail unless you hate rails, factory G option, etc. Oh yea, it’s optics cut although I’m not a fan of 92 and optics. I put an rmr on my 92X Centurion just to try it out. Works great but it is mounted high and looks, to my eye, a bit goofy.

Posts: 7327 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am recent member of the Beretta 92 owners group.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it [or anything] much, but it feels nice- after spending a lot with Langdon Tactical.

I need thin grips on handguns and I want short reach triggers.

After shooting it, I realized why they are so popular.

To be honest, I like my 1911s better- but I always wanted a Beretta 9mm handgun.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 683 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post