SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 number 2 headed back to Sig**Updated P2 w/ range report
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 number 2 headed back to Sig**Updated P2 w/ range report Login/Join 
Picture of Sloman
posted Hide Post
510 rounds through my October 2018 production model and it came with dim night sights. I sent it back and they replaced front one. It's better. Love the gun.

Posts: 118 | Location: SC | Registered: April 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Looks like Sig received and signed for the P365 yesterday 11/29/2018. Last one took a week turnaround with a NIB in return. Kinda hoping for the same this time.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
My first one I basically lost all faith in after it's second trip back to Sig it had a pretty early born on date. After several months I decided to try a second one with a October born on date. At this time I have approximately 900 rounds down range without any problems.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chazman1946
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chazman1946:
I had one I purchased in July with a born date of 18 June 2018, that one, while firing almost 500 rounds without a hiccup had severe striker drag. That coupled with the Youtube horror stories I ended up selling it.

A few days ago I was at the range of my LGS and on the way out the door was window shopping the display cases and there was the P365 BNIB, born date 30 Oct 2018

I related to the salesman that I had previously owned on of these and flipped in because of the striker drag and the potential reliability.

He showed me this new one and explained it's a Gen 3 (I know that Sig doesn't officially call the different upgrade models Gens) and that most, if not all of the bugs are ironed out.

I dry fired the weapon and it had a smoother trigger then the Gen 2 model I had.

Anyway, I plopped down the money and now I have another one.

The first 4 or five was where I was getting used to the trigger, after that I was surprised I wasn't pulling them all low left like I did with the first one.

100 rounds, various types of ammo, a KEEPER so far!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chazman1946,

Posts: 78 | Registered: July 06, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Out of about 400 rounds and 3 different shooters, I've had zero problems, one buddy rode the slide so it didn't lock back, and my other buddy had one light strike. That one light strike rose a slight concern but until it happens again I'll keep trucking

Posts: 10 | Registered: November 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was offered a "like new, only fired a handful of times" one when they first came out, but luckily passed. I still want one, but I'll wait a while longer.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:
I was offered a "like new, only fired a handful of times" one when they first came out, but luckily passed. I still want one, but I'll wait a while longer.

When you buy one, I hope that you are as pleased as we are with ours.
Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Called Sig yesterday morning and was told it has arrived and will be looked at next week.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
are they reloads or factory ammo ? good ammo cheap ammo?

I have run boat loads of reloads thru mine with zero issues 7-1 build date.
sorry that you are having issues let them try and get it right they really are a nice gun to shoot honestly can't put mine down.

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
are they reloads or factory ammo ? good ammo cheap ammo?

I have run boat loads of reloads thru mine with zero issues 7-1 build date.
sorry that you are having issues let them try and get it right they really are a nice gun to shoot honestly can't put mine down.

All factory, all quality. I listed all the brands and grain’s in the original post

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Rockchalk - is this the version w regular night sights or XRay night sights? My friend told me he read somewhere that the Xray sights model was good to go but the regular night sights model was having the problems.

I traded for one w Xray night sights a few months ago; born in Feb IIRC. I see light striker drag on the spent casings but have had 0 problems thus far and love the gun.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
Rockchalk - is this the version w regular night sights or XRay night sights? My friend told me he read somewhere that the Xray sights model was good to go but the regular night sights model was having the problems.

I traded for one w Xray night sights a few months ago; born in Feb IIRC. I see light striker drag on the spent casings but have had 0 problems thus far and love the gun.

X-ray’s. It was an October build date. I think October 10th. My March build date had X-ray’s as well.

When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
is this the version w regular night sights or XRay night sights?

Siglights haven't been used on them since late last year.

Oddly enough had dinner with a Sig engineer involved in some testing. The sight change was due to standard Siglights flying off due to the extremely fast slide velocity. I thought it was just a marketing play.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Friday afternoon, I took off work early and hit my local range. It was Sig day at Wilshire. Several reps with their Sig van and lots of toys. While I was looking st the P938 Legion, one rep asked me what I was shooting today. Told him my Glock 19 MOS. Said I wanted to get in another 200 rounds before I was comfortable carrying it. He made mention of the P365. After 5 minutes of telling both reps just my personal issues with the P365, not a thing on the Internet I’ve read, I was told they didn’t buy it. Showed them the emails from Sig back in April and now. Never bashed the weapon, just told them my personal experiences.

Both reps couldn’t or wouldn’t say a thing other than it has to be two completely isolated issues. I’ve spent the better part of my adult life figuring out if a person is blowing smoke up my ass or telling me the truth. I walked out smelling like a camp fire.

Can’t tell if the bitter taste in my mouth is from me trying to go “black” with my coffee or not.

Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
X-ray’s. It was an October build date. I think October 10th. My March build date had X-ray’s as well.

Ok, so much for what my friend told me.

I just checked and I was off, my 365 has a born on date of July 2nd.

On a different note, I've been to Wilshire several times (as recently as June of this year) and it's a really nice place. My best friend lives in Moore and my boys and I were down there for 10 days in late May/early June. The next time I go down there I'll have to look you up.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
quote:

Ok, so much for what my friend told me.

I just checked and I was off, my 365 has a born on date of July 2nd.

On a different note, I've been to Wilshire several times (as recently as June of this year) and it's a really nice place. My best friend lives in Moore and my boys and I were down there for 10 days in late May/early June. The next time I go down there I'll have to look you up.

Deal! It’s my favorite place to go indoors. Very clean, safe and the staff always treat you well. Plus it’s only 8-9 miles from the house.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Received a notification from Sig that the P365 is on the truck for delivery today.

We shall see

Picture of cfiore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Received a notification from Sig that the P365 is on the truck for delivery today.

We shall see

Good luck! I hope it works better for you this time. I have been very happy with me Feb build, knock wood.

Posts: 474 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

We shall see

I hope for you that this one is good to go. Please post a range report when you can.

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Got the P365 back today. Didn’t get a new one back. Looks like they did some polishing, replaced the RSA and the grip module. Wiggle is gone now.

Part of me wants to turn it asap, but I’d loose my ass now being open to a buyer about its history, so it’s off to the range tomorrow.