SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P365 number 2 headed back to Sig**Updated P2 w/ range report
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P365 number 2 headed back to Sig**Updated P2 w/ range report Login/Join 
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Just returned from the range. 268 rounds total.

Wiggle from the chassis in the module was gone when I received it from Sig yesterday. 125 rounds in today, and the wiggle is back. That said, no light primer strikes at all.

100 rounds of Blazer Brass 115 grain FMJ
50 rounds of Federal AE 124 grain FMJ
40 rounds of Sig V-Crown 124 HP
25 rounds of Federal HST 124 grain SP
No issues at all other than the chassis having some play.

When I purchased my first P365 back in March, it ate 147 grain HST like a boss. This one, not so much. Seems to hang up a little bit before going into battery. Started with 10 plus 1. Fired, felt the hangup, went into battery. Fired again, same thing. Third round I gave up. It goes it battery, but there is a delay as it it hits the feed ramp.

Followed that all with 50 rounds of 124 grain M.E.N FMJ. This stuff is notorious for light primer strikes in striker fired weapons. I’ve been lucky with the case I purchased. I typically use this for my hammer fired weapons, but wanted to test it to make sure. All 50 fired flawlessly.

I’m out of 124 grain HST standard pressure. I’ll order 300 rounds of it this afternoon and run another 100 or so, but that wiggle is back and it doesn’t sit well with me.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of pictures of primer drag mine has. Nothing near like my March weapon or others I’ve seen. I think the issue has been fixed over time on that one.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The funny part about primer drag is that I had a mid nineties P229 in 357 SIG that did it too.
I just kept shooting it with no issues.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
The funny part about primer drag is that I had a mid nineties P229 in 357 SIG that did it too.

My Gen 5 19 has it too. Kinda weird, but it doesn’t look like the typical Glock striker mark I remember from my Gen 2 and 3 days

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
quote:

My Gen 5 19 has it too. Kinda weird, but it doesn’t look like the typical Glock striker mark I remember from my Gen 2 and 3 days

The firing pin on Gen 5 Glocks is shaped different from the old Glocks.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:
quote:

The firing pin on Gen 5 Glocks is shaped different from the old Glocks.

Good looking out! I didn’t know that. Thanks.

Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Another sad story from the Colt Forum:

https://www.coltforum.com/foru...5-gen-2-striker.html

Posts: 419 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I wonder what the hell my problem is. I just landed a Glock 43x and am close to being in love with it. Custom leather and all.

I'm 0/3 on these damn P365's, but the opportunity locally has laid another NIB recent manufactured P365 at my feet. I might have to part with my Glock 45, but I'll be getting a good deal with some cash to boot.

Am I just an ID10T or what?

posted Hide Post
Sounds like a hassle to go through. I have had nothing but good experiences with the couple I have shot but I have not put a high round count on them. Hope this new one you are contemplating turns out good.

Posts: 3 | Registered: September 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Were they using MIM firing pins back in the mid 90's? I don't recall tbh, but I doubt it.

Primer drag does not equal failure. I don't think anyone is saying that. However, at some point sever enough drag and weak enough metal intersect.

I do think Sig has greatly improved the primer drag though. It's a dramatic difference between my early 2018 gun and my October 2018 gun.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Stick with the Glock for now. Maybe revisit the SIG in a year or three.

quote:
Sometimes I wonder what the hell my problem is. I just landed a Glock 43x and am close to being in love with it. Custom leather and all.

I'm 0/3 on these damn P365's, but the opportunity locally has laid another NIB recent manufactured P365 at my feet. I might have to part with my Glock 45, but I'll be getting a good deal with some cash to boot.

Am I just an ID10T or what?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

I do think Sig has greatly improved the primer drag though. It's a dramatic difference between my early 2018 gun and my October 2018 gun.

Same here. There is a huge difference between my January 2018 weapon and the October one. The January one's striker busted at some point during dry fire at the range

Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Stick with the Glock for now. Maybe revisit the SIG in a year or three.

I think I'm going to follow this advice. I've been thinking about it all day and I really don't want another 50 questions from Sig's CS before they just send me another RMA.

Had this trade offer happened before I knew about the Glock 43x or buying one, I would have thought differently, but I'm pretty damn happy with my 43x and don't see replacing with a P365 even if I didn't have the issues I had.

Thanks