SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Woot Woot!! P365 X Macro with no comp!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woot Woot!! P365 X Macro with no comp! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Though I can only find the LE/Mil only at Proven Arms.
https://www.provenoutfitters.c...65-9mm-xmacro-3-17rd
Exactly what I have been waiting for. Only problem I just spent my fun money on an RMR for the 320 so I’ll have to wait.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
$900 MSRP for a stock poly gun. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26396 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Those sights look durable.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

$100 cheaper than the comp model

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Those sights look durable.

The suppressor sights look silly but it is available with the standard XRay 3s or whatever they call them.

I would not put a threaded barrel or red dot on it I don’t think so I’d go with the standard height sights.

————————————————

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

$100 cheaper than the comp model...

The comp model is more expensive because of the comp. Doesn't change anything. They're both ridiculously priced.

Q

Posts: 26396 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Since they are showing the price as $600, and I am assuming they are making a profit, how much is the mark up on these?

I also notice that the grip module looks like it's been updated to make room for a manual safety.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dremeled out the module for my manual safety. It was kind of a bitch to make it not look like a hack job. This new grip module is a good idea.

My problem is that I actually prefer the Wilson Combat X module to the Macro grip module. Side by side it is a no brainer in what feels better in my hand. Shooting it confirmed it as well. So I ended up converting my Macro mags with the extended baseplates and use the Macro mags with the WC X module and either my comped slide or my XL slide.

I think the Macro is dead. The first only advantages it offers are the big mag and the rail. I can use the big mag with any of the other sizes and the rail means dick to me. I’m sure somebody might think the extra backstraps are an advantage but not me.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Since they are showing the price as $600, and I am assuming they are making a profit, how much is the mark up on these?

I would guess the dealer is making 10-15%. These are LE/Mil restricted sales so I presume the firearm excise tax is removed compared to the commercial counterpart. Which I believe the excise tax is 11%.
How much Sigs makes per unit, no idea.

quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I think the Macro is dead. The first only advantages it offers are the big mag and the rail. I can use the big mag with any of the other sizes and the rail means dick to me. I’m sure somebody might think the extra backstraps are an advantage but not me.

Not dead around here. They are selling like crazy. Plus, those of us that don’t mind to tinker or switch grip modules, and convert the other mags to higher capacity, etc are the minority.
Many folks don’t want to bother with things like that or don’t even realize it is possible. They want the most rounds a gun can hold in a comfortable gun they are holding right there in the gun store and right tiny small with lots of rounds is the rage and the X Macro checks those boxes better than any other at the moment.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Black92LX,

————————————————

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:

I would guess the dealer is making 10-15%. These are LE/Mil restricted sales so I presume the firearm excise tax is removed compared to the commercial counterpart. Which I believe the excise tax is 11%.
How much Sigs makes per unit, no idea.

That sounds perfectly reasonable and that makes me wonder about the MSRP, which seems too high by a couple hundred bucks. At least for me.

Posts: 3384 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The X Macro was lame as all get out to me. The 3.1 inch barrel in the long slide was just stupid (to me)

I imagine most customers would prefer the longer 3.7 inch barrel with a normal XL slide as depicted above. You could have built your own, but obviously that cost extra. I believe Sig and Glock and others are releasing these kinds of guns first to increase sales and profit because they know people will buy the XL slides to "fix" their gun and make it how they want.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I agree with you on both points.
I have no desire for the Macro comp. Thought it was silly from the get go and nothing more than added cost.

However the configuration shown is exactly what I have been waiting for.
I haven’t handled a 365 in the WC grip module but the Macro grip is worlds better than the standard 365 grip.

As for Glock and Sig timing their releases, ABSOLUTELY!!!
Likely the best example if Glock released the 43 prior to the 42, 42 sales would be a fraction of what they achieved.

————————————————

Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I picked up a P365xl and a macro grip module to go with it, but I’m still searching for Macro mags. I didn’t have any use for the Macro’s “comp” either, I’d rather have the XL’s longer barrel.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I picked up a P365xl and a macro grip module to go with it, but I’m still searching for Macro mags. I didn’t have any use for the Macro’s “comp” either, I’d rather have the XL’s longer barrel.

Here ya go

https://www.glockstore.com/P36...antity=1&custcol9=94

————————————————

Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:

This is the way.. I have zero interest in the comp’d slide. If I’m going to have the longer slide, gimme all the barrel.

I had the Macro grip and magazines in hand before I even had a XL on the radar. I wanted the newer slide that can use a red dot and keep the rear sights. Found one locally.

As soon as SIG or someone else comes out with a 13.5x1 LH threaded barrel. I’m on it.

This xl slide/macro grip is smaller than my xcompact 320 and holds more rounds. My 5’ nothing wife now has a full capacity pistol that her XXS hands can handle.

If I didn’t like all my full-size and hammer fired guns so much, I’d say this obsoleted 2/3 of my pistol collection.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. The 365 family is for real. I have no use for the Macro itself anymore but that is because the WC grip module is so nearly perfect. The mags kick ass. I don't mind the comp. I tend to take the comped slide most range trips. I think it works like a comp should. I need to use the timer against both and see if I can actually quantify a difference.

I have an XL slide that I was using as an HD gun for awhile. It had a light, an optic, and a 17 round Macro mag. Worked great, shot great. Then I just came to my senses and put a steel framed, wml'd SP01 in its place. Funny thing is the SP01 doesn't hold more rounds. I do love SP01's though.

I have only heard of 2 concerns that seem reasonable to me. Smaller gun, smaller tolerances, smaller window to be reliable because of that. All true, yet I have never had a malfunction with any of my 365's. Second is longevity. Everything is small. We shall see is all I can say.

Posts: 7500 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
So, I have to eat a serving of crow right now. When these came out, I publicly pooh-poohed the idea of a comp on a 9mm carry gun. However, today I got the chance to actually shoot the Macro with the comp.

HOLY CRAP that's a nice flat shooting little gun!!! I didn't notice any blast at all from the comp (to be fair it was broad daylight), and the grip while smaller than what I'm used to, was adequate to the point that it didn't try to jump around in my hand like the regular P365.

The gun I shot was nicely set up with a Holosun 507K and a Streamlight TLR-7Sub. What an awesome little package. I shot it side by side with my P320 Full-Size RX with a TLR-1 and Romeo 1 Pro on it. It' was kind of incredible to hold them side by side and realize that the P365, while basically half the size of the P320, held the same firepower.

I wasn't on the timer, but my perception was that my first shot was a bit slower as it took a second to find the dot...I'll chalk this up to the variance in the grip from my practiced P320 draw. Definitely something that can be overcome with reps. Follow-up shots were a breeze, though, and it didn't feel any slower than my 320. The dot barely left the window under recoil and settled back into my line of sight consistently.

A couple of minor quibbles:

It was about 15 degrees out and I was shooting with gloves. They were thin Mechanix gloves, but the stupid flat trigger sticks too far forward in the trigger guard to get my gloved finger in there without actually putting rearward pressure on the trigger to squeeze it in. Not a problem with my P320, and likely wouldn't be an issue with a P365 curved trigger, either. I did shoot some rounds without the gloves and was happy to see that I didn't experience the pinching of my trigger finger that I got with the regular P365 that I used to have.

The other weird thing we encountered was not really a problem with the Macro per-se, but an interesting P365 phenomenon. The guy who brought it also had a regular P365 that he said was an early copy, so likely an unofficial "gen 1". He wanted to try swapping the FCUs and uppers around, so we did, but the older FCU wouldn't operate properly in the Macro grip module. It felt like the trigger bar was binding against the plastic side of the grip module, and there was enough resistance to prevent the trigger from returning forward after it was pulled. That FCU worked fine in it's native grip module. Not sure what changed there, but clearly something did. I didn't get too far into it because it was 15 degrees out with snow on the ground, and I didn't want to risk losing little pieces.

Yes, they are stupid expensive. But man that's a nice shooting little package with a lot of rounds on tap, and it should belt carry like a dream. I may have to get one of these at some point.

ETA: Also, the 507K was low enough on the slide to allow what amounted to basically a "lower 1/8th" co-witness with the stock sights. Not the quickest for sight acquisition, but usable, and IMO nicer than having to stick big snaggy supressor-height sights on such a trim carry package.

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Is 900 really going to be the price on these things? I want a Macro but there's no way in hell I'm paying 3-400 dollars more for one than a regular 365. I expected the non-comp version to be 500-600 dollars like the base 365 and 320 variants. They have to be out of their fucking gourds to think I'm going to pay that much.

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the taller sights are even necessary with the new Holosun EPS Carry? Can anyone speak to this?

Posts: 399 | Location: Hartford, CT | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought one of the points of the EPS is that normal sights work. My guess is you don’t need suppressor height. Shoot, I can use the front sight on my 365 with a 507k.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
Is 900 really going to be the price on these things? I want a Macro but there's no way in hell I'm paying 3-400 dollars more for one than a regular 365. I expected the non-comp version to be 500-600 dollars like the base 365 and 320 variants. They have to be out of their fucking gourds to think I'm going to pay that much.

No, that is MSRP.
They’ll be $600-$700

quote:
Originally posted by 220CDAK:
I wonder if the taller sights are even necessary with the new Holosun EPS Carry? Can anyone speak to this?

Should not be needed the EPS sits super low.

————————————————