SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guide rod for P239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Guide rod for P239 Login/Join 
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted
I have an older (1998 or 1999?) P239. The plastic guide rod has given up the ghost. Presuming the original Sig parts are no longer available, other suggestions? Anyone have experience with these stainless NDZ ones?
 
Posts: 989 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have used their guide rods on Beretta pistols and they are great. These are on eBay I have them on my p239’s and they are great. Stainless Steel Guide Rod for Sig P225 and P239 US Pistols - Galloway Precision.


JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member
 
Posts: 277 | Location: Indian River Shores, Florida | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the link, they shipped fast

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272573619628


JAMES 3:1
USPSA life member
 
Posts: 277 | Location: Indian River Shores, Florida | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jindodog:
Here is the link, they shipped fast

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272573619628


Thanks. Ordered the Galloway part. They were more expensive, but closer in NC.
 
Posts: 989 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I have an NDZ rod in my P239 with zero issues.
 
Posts: 313 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
It must be just me but the p225 and p239 guiderods are completely different sizes. My p225 guiderod will NOT fit inside the p239 recoil spring. Both ads look like one rod for both? I recently ordered a p239 Bedair off eBay, a little more but I like the tube and red caps and I have them in a few other pistols.
 
Posts: 4005 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
It must be just me but the p225 and p239 guiderods are completely different sizes. My p225 guiderod will NOT fit inside the p239 recoil spring. Both ads look like one rod for both? I recently ordered a p239 Bedair off eBay, a little more but I like the tube and red caps and I have them in a few other pistols.


The plot thickens. After I read this post, I went back to the Galloway site and took a closer look. Well, it says the rod "Fits Sig Sauer P225 and P239 US Made Pistols - Will not work in German made pistols."

Problem is, I can't tell what exactly that means for my (hybrid?) P239. My serial number dates it to 1999. Based on the stamp on the slide, it would have been assembled/finished in Exeter (NH). The frame was probably still German-made, but this particular frame and barrel have no visible markings/stamps consistent with German manufacture. I'm thinking even if the frame was German-made, but the slide is US-made, the guide rod should fit.

I guess the mystery will be solved when the rod arrives and either does or does not fit.
 
Posts: 989 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
To clarify, I asked AI (Gemini). You should be gtg.

Yes, they are interchangeable, but this cross-compatibility applies strictly to the modern SIG Sauer P225-A1 and the P239. Aftermarket components like Galloway Precision Stainless Steel Guide Rods and NDZ Performance Guide Rods are built to fit both of these specific US-made models.The exact compatibility rules depend heavily on which specific generation of the P225 you own:Model Compatibility BreakdownSIG P225-A1 and P239: Interchangeable. The P225-A1 (introduced in late 2015) was fundamentally built using the P239 frame architecture. Because of this shared design, they utilize the same guide rod, recoil spring, and barrel geometry.Original P225 / P6 (West German) and P239: Not interchangeable. The original P225/P6 classic series features an entirely different frame profile, slide design, and recoil system. Components between the original P225 and the P239 do not cross over.

Now, if you were looking for a guiderod for the original p225 you would be disappointed. Surprised they haven't received that feedback and updated their ads.
 
Posts: 4005 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
My guess is the returned result is contemplating the original P225. I don’t believe the P239 ever changed over the years in regards to the guide rod. I also have a P225-a1 which is more a P239 than a classic P225. Thus the confusion.

I recently picked up my 5th P239, but the first with a hollow guide rod. So I’m looking now to upgrade that.
 
Posts: 676 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
In the event it might help anyone else, the Galloway guide rod fit fine. I emailed them about the issue right after I ordered and they weren't sure either just based on the year, so they had me take a few measurements before they shipped. The guide rod hole in the slide is 7mm in diameter on the front/outside, 12mm on the rear/inside. Original guide rod itself is 70mm in length and 10mm in diameter at the block end. Nice folks, helpful, and quick.
 
Posts: 989 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Guide rod for P239

© SIGforum 2026