SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The 10mm SIG 220ST Project
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 65
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 10mm SIG 220ST Project Login/Join 
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bob ramberg:
Has anyone received theirs yet? Anxious to see the range reports

The silence is deafening and should be indicative of the answer. But since you asked a direct question, I'll provide a direct answer...

No - I haven't received mine yet.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: July 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Signoir hasn't recieved his yet.

Here's my update for Tuesday, Nov. 10th: Five others have recieved theirs, now that I'm nearly at the end of this long rework process to get them up to snuff for delivery per our standards. Five have been shipped thus far, and all but two of the remaining 10mm's have now been reworked by me to correct oversights and fix little details and blemishes here and there. I'm testing those complete and accepted pistols again with Roy and will ship them early next week, probably all by Wednesday. Two slides and a frame that were marred a bit during previous work are still at our Super Black vendor and should be back any day. One remaining slide (a 5") that also required a second round of refinishing just came back today and should also be completed for next week's UPS.
As always you can call me at 541-468-3840 and email me at bruce@grayguns.com for details, but it's essentially going to be a moot point by next weekend for nearly every one of our remaining 10mm clients. Then I do hope to see some range reports here. So far we haven't had a single malfunction with any one of these that we've tested, using Blazer 200 grain stuff.
I'm pretty happy and relieved to be nearly done with this exhausting (and costly) but ultimately satisfying project.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bruce, these people have waited a long time and are antsy to get their guns! However, it is to your credit that you are not sending them out, until satisfied they are just right! " No malfunctions" is the best news possible; but nothing less would be expected from GGI.

The next and succeeding groups should be far less painless than this first group, benefitting from all the lessons learned!

When they have their guns,willing to bet all those customers will have a grin on their faces that even an undertaker couldn't remove? LOL

www.OrdnanceOutsellers.com
jerry@OrdnanceOutsellers.com

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
Bruce,

Thanks for the update. Please don't take anxious anticipation for impatience. I don't mind if mine is the last to ship out. I'd rather take comfort in knowing that I'll be satisfied whenever it arrives.

"When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power...like God must feel... when he's holding a gun!" H. Simpson.

Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Not sure how many range reports we will see. I am told a lot of these guns will be safe queens and not be fired!

Mine is still holding up well - and shoots great!

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think that a 10mm in a 220 platform is the perfect utility pistol...be it for defense, duty, field companion, or sidearm complement to tactical long guns. I look forward to providing a range report.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 220parts:
Not sure how many range reports we will see. I am told a lot of these guns will be safe queens and not be fired!

I'm pretty sure that these guns will find range time.

Who else thinks that 220parts keeps posting a pic of his 10mm just to piss off those of us that haven't received ours yet? We get the point....You have yours and we don't!

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anarion
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drvink:
Who else thinks that 220parts keeps posting a pic of his 10mm just to piss off those of us that haven't received ours yet? We get the point....You have yours and we don't!

+100 !!!

Course, SigForum's going to be buried in "I finally got my GGI 10mm back! See?!?!: threads.

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 3106 | Location: Houston | Registered: December 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
220 Parts is a very good guy; but he might be just a touch sadistic by taunting us with those pics of his gun? LOL

770-977-0662

Posts: 5227 | Location: Marietta, Ga. | Registered: August 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NorfolkP229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220parts:

I can guaran-damn-tee a range report from mine!! My 220 10mm WILL be shot!! Big Grin

---------------
Jeffrey

P365 - GGI P220ST 10mm - Sig Mosquito - Various Others

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 7897 | Location: WNC Native, now in Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Originally posted by Ordnance Outsell:
220 Parts is a very good guy; but he might be just a touch sadistic by taunting us with those pics of his gun? LOL

I am not questioning 220parts integrity, honesty, "goodness", or any other personal quality. I am truly glad that he is enjoying his Sig 10mm. My point was that he has posted enough times in this thread, with pictures, that we all are well aware that he has been the proud owner of something that we have been and are still waiting for. I don't see any other reason for his abundance of posts (with pics) in this thread other than to flaunt the fact that he has what we have been waiting so long for.

Perhaps I have become a bit sensitive with this issue. If I have read 220parts intentions incorrectly, I apologize.......

Posts: 141 | Location: Maryland's Eastern Shore | Registered: August 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signoir
posted Hide Post
Oh, I don't mind. And I certainly don't begrudge 220parts for being proud. Frankly, I think that he and GGI have put together a beautiful pistol and I never get tired of looking at it.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the slightly off topic question but what happens to the original barrels and extractors? If I could make a deal for a set I think I could fix my P220ST. Of course it would still be cruddy ol' .45ACP. Razz

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
drvink, my comment was made in jest, which is why "LOL" at end, so readers would realize this. As long as you've waited,as have others, understand being a bit sensitive over his posting what he has that others do not. As I know him pretty well, believe I can attest to his not having any intent to "lord it over" anyone! Many pages ago, he did post targets from a range report. Yours and others long wait is apparently at nearly the end, according to Bruce, so we all are looking forward to hearing about the recipients guns!

770-977-0662

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I don't have mine yet. Heck since I am in batch #2, Bruce probably hasn't even been started on it yet. In the mean time, I'll enjoy the posts/pix/reports from 220Parts, or anybody else for that matter.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fenris, while I can't speak for Bruce, bet the next batch takes much less time and goes smoother, as a result of lessons learned from batch 1?

770-977-0662

posted Hide Post
Damn, I thought I was supposed to be in batch #2 after waiting for 2 years -- but no one has contacted me to send the gun!

Posts: 168 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken*:
Damn, I thought I was supposed to be in batch #2 after waiting for 2 years -- but no one has contacted me to send the gun!

I sneaked it into a shipment of other guns.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 220parts
posted Hide Post
Still a bit like a proud parent... just wanted to let everyone interested in the 10mm know the reliability as been excellent, and the gun smithing superb. Looking forward to seeing many more of them.

Veni, Vidi, Risi

Posts: 891 | Location: SW, NH | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
220 parts, never doubted your motives for a minute and defended you a little ways back! That will be $20, please! LOL

770-977-0662