SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Got My Original Precision Hill-Hole Deleter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got My Original Precision Hill-Hole Deleter Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted
This weekend I will smith my Smith to unhole the Hill-Hole and purify the soul of a smiter of miscreants.

Lo, I shall prevail!

Behold, BOOOM, the Smiter of Miscreants:

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it doesn’t bother some people. It bothers the heck out of me and I did the same thing on my 627 Pro. So much better.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I have a few guns that could benefit from that process myself...let us know how it goes!

Posts: 8410 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I will. The parts are tiny. I'm really looking forward to losing the clip that holds it in on my bench.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
quote:
unhole the Hill-Hole

Explain please.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3806 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George43:
quote:
unhole the Hill-Hole

Explain please.

He's referring to removing the internal lock and plugging it..aka the "Hillary Hole" named for Hillary Clinton, because it's a stupid liberal invention.

Posts: 8410 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yes, the plug is a replacement for the S&W internal lock that was put in place during the Clinton Administration. It has long been referred to as the "Hillary Hole" to honor that great woman, and leader in gun safety. It's for the children, you know.

In any case, if you look at the picture above, you will note a hole drilled in the frame just above the cylinder release. Inside that hole is a rotating tab, activated by a key put in the hole and turned about a quarter turn. When locked, the action of the gun is completely locked.

The problem is, dirt can get in there, and worse, there are reports of the lock engaging itself under heavy recoil. This is a 4 inch .44 magnum. Recoil is, um, stout.

As this is my woods gun, it wouldn't do to have it lock up at an inopportune time when a black bear, feral hog, wild cow, or mad meth head decides to come through the brush and attempt to mess me up.

I probably would not have bothered for a range-only gun, but this thing must work every time.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What is the method of disabling this?

Remove the locking mechanism?

Leave it there, but do something to freeze it in the unlocked position?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30541 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You completely remove the locking mechanism. There is nothing to lock up the gun anymore. The plug just fills the hole back up. You can still kinda see it but it is a huge improvement. Disclaimer: I also remove all magazine safeties. Stupid unnecessary shit needs to go. Lol

Posts: 7342 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also remove all magazine safeties. Stupid unnecessary shit needs to go. Lol

Indeed. They also make it difficult to properly function check the gun. Then you get the stupid loaded chamber indicators that spit crud out and foul your optics. All idiotic liberal ideas that cause more problems than they fix.

In other news, I looked at those Original Precision Lock Delete kits...holy crap that's a lot of money for a steel plug and a clip...and I'd need 3 of them! I wonder if I could send the bill to the Clinton foundation...

posted Hide Post
Most my S&Ws are pre-lock, but I do have a couple of 627s with the internal lock. The only reason I haven't pulled the lock and replaced it with one of these plugs is because of the stupid slot where the flag is next to the trigger. It would bug the hell out of me looking at that little open slot where the flag used to be.

One of these guys should really offer a plug that has a flat piece that extends to fill up the flag area.

Posts: 264 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clang:
Most my S&Ws are pre-lock, but I do have a couple of 627s with the internal lock. The only reason I haven't pulled the lock and replaced it with one of these plugs is because of the stupid slot where the flag is next to the trigger. It would bug the hell out of me looking at that little open slot where the flag used to be.

One of these guys should really offer a plug that has a flat piece that extends to fill up the flag area.

I agree...that's the thing that has kept me from doing the same. For the money they're asking for the plugs, you'd think they could throw in the flag slot filler, too.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
quote:
Originally posted by clang:

I agree...that's the thing that has kept me from doing the same. For the money they're asking for the plugs, you'd think they could throw in the flag slot filler, too.

Same here!
I have a mildly customized 67-5 (my only post-lock S&W) that shoots like a laser, and considered the lock-delete but that empty flag slot would bug the crap out of me!
And yeah, $52.30 after shipping for something that small is just a bit excessive to me.

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd add a pic. Here is my Performance Center 627 with internal lock along with my Registered Magnum. An old and new kind of thing:

I'd be happy to remove the lock on the 627 if I could get the empty flag slot filled too.

Posts: 264 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
The only Smith I had with the lock is a 617. It shot great but the lock bugged me so I put in the plug. Much better now.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, you can grind the nub off the lock and maybe remove some other parts of the locking mechanism so that it can never lock up again or inadvertently lock under recoil, and the gun still looks stock in appearance.

I THINK I did that to my 340SC like 10 years ago but its been so damn long I cant recall all the details.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rmfnla
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Today, my jurisdiction ends here…

Posts: 141 | Registered: August 21, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post